**** DONE: GB-37 1/72 Airfix Westland Scout (RAN) - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hate it when they put white decals on a white background. My only suggestion for the tail rotors would be paint them white first, use your finest brush, and with barely any paint on it, apply the red then black. You may have to repeat

I had a go at painting the tail rotor in that multi coloure sheme. I got the paint onto the rotor sort of right , but really looked like cr*p to be blunt about it. The decal instructions say the rotor tips were painted standard red and white flashes, and at least one of the older shots of one of the Scouts (I think the one that was lost 1971), show these red and white flashes. So ive wimped out and gone for the red/white scheme. Half done, going well so far.

Starboard side decals are on now and the main rotor is now ready to be attached. I have a couple more bibs and bobs to attach and then I should be just about ready.

The kit comes with tha stand, which I kinda like. Not many kits have thise stands anymore. Given the kit is officially an antique it might be appropriate to use this stand for display.

Decals on 2.jpg

Main rotor II.jpg

Stand.jpg

TAIL ROTOR FLASHES.jpg

Last edited:
Well not much time to the deadline, but I think I'm done. Here are the shots I intend to post in the 'Finished" Thread.

Exra Shot 2.jpg

Port FQ.jpg

Port Beam.jpg

Port RQ.jpg

Stern 2.jpg

Stbd RQ.jpg

Stbd Beam.jpg

Stbd FQ.jpg

Bow.jpg

Stand 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread