**** DONE: GB-38 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2B Zero - Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

no pictures tonite. ive started the slow process of getting the canopy masked and ready for painting the framing as well as prepping the cowling. For the cowl I might experiment a bit with the blue/black combination, but I want to see for myself what this combo looks like before making a final decision on whether it is useful or necessary to apply.

Thanks Wayne, hanging for those alternate decals. much appreciated. I will do my best with them

Canopy masked and a clear seal applied to the masking to try and seal the edges. I tend to get a lot of bleeds if I don't do this.
After messing about with a mix of "Royal Blue" and Semi Gloss Black Ive masked and painted the cowl

My alternative decals have arrived. many thanks Wayne.

Just waiting for the cowl and the hard seal to dry before applying the paint to the canopy and then attaching it. I usually paint the canopy before attaching it to the fuselage. If something goes wrong I have a better chance of fixing it whilst detached

Canopy.jpg

cowl painted.jpg

So ive removed the canopy masking and applied the clear coat to the model. its just about ready for the decaling process.

The canopy has turned out okay, but as always the close ups are merciless for me. At normal magnification they look fine.

Gloss coat .jpg

I did some of the decaling tonite, in two sessions. wayne has supplied me with the tail IDs, the leading edge IFF flashes and the unit rear fuselage stripes but the Hiramaru and other bits are from the Techmod decal sheet I purchased. Not using the kit supplied decal sheet at this stage.
the Techmod decals are pretty good but you have to be careful with them. They are fragile. I hope they have enough adhesive as well. I am going to apply a seal once I have the decaling completed, just in case

Pretty happy so far.

Decals 1.jpg
Decals 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back