**** DONE: GB-38 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2B Zero - Axis A/C (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ive nearly comleted the decaling, and as well ive used a sanding stick that ive have lying about in the toolbox for a couple of year now to shave back some of that excess paint on the canopy. Its nowhere near perfect, but it looks slightly less gloopy now . I will try and post a progress shot tonite, but I have just a couple of decals to apply first.

I'm up to sticking the final do-dads on soon. There are six elements....the prop, wing mounted pitots, the canopy, tail wheel/hook, the drop tanks and the undercart. I don't know which bit to stick on first

Yep, that's the sod with 1:72... You did alright though Michael - and be thankful you didn't have to do it in 1:144 like Wayne did!!
Yeah, 1/144 is pretty crazy......:shock: Good stuff Michael..! :thumbright:

Canopy masked_9475.jpg
EII-137_In hand_9588a.JPG

Lord almighty that's tiny. But I think your main colour is the same as what ive settled on.......I think I might have too much contrast in the fabric surfaces.

That 1/144 Zero needs a 1/144 aircraft carrier and a set of squadron mates to go with it.... just sayin'

Just a slacker guys. Have made quite a bit of progress this last weekend, but no photos just yet. I will try and rectify that tomorrow.

well ive had a go at improving the finish on that canopy using same basic technique as suggested by Wayne, but a different tool
The objective is to shave off some of the width of the paint on the canopy framing, but also making sure the resulting line is not too jagged and definitely no potholes in the surface of the canopy .

After some trial runs I found this to be the most promising tool was this thing:

cockpit scraper.jpg

I got the following results after usingthis tool:

Painting VI.jpg

Painting VII.jpg

This better than last night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back