**** DONE: GB-39 1/48 Bf 110C (CH) – Battle for France to Battle of Britain (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again. There is just too much of a spread between the two and I see the same issue in the color profiles I see. Some are grayer and some greener for the same color chart.

OK a reshoot of the afflicting color.
t
20181020_101403.jpg
20181020_101409.jpg

The 71 looks almost grey on my screen. Certain greens are tricky when photographed and look very different from reality.

Here's some common FS equivalents for the 70/71 scheme though evaluating on screen is fraught with peril as well.

Capture.JPG

I agree - looks very grey.
The original colour looked closer, if a bit khaki or yellowish. Perhaps add just a very small touch of black to tone it down a bit ?
Here's my '110, to give you an idea of how it should look, although my RLM 71 should really be a bit darker. I used this after mixing various paints to get as close as I could to a reliable paint chip and (empty) paint tin.

Bf110 Dackle build 342.JPG

Thanks Andy and Terry, I thought the Testors was to grey. I'll have to fix them both. Next question, this time frame, 65 or 76 lower. I have things that call for both. From a military point of view, the aircraft are coming from the factory and with more than one factory, I can see both but this early I would guess that it's a bit early to be branching out. Inputs welcome.

Definitely RLM 65 for the undersides. The RLM 76 wasn't introduced until very late 1940 (around November / December), and wasn't fully in use until early 1941.

Thanks all, Looks like I'll have ti reskin both of them as the Testors is too far out there and the lower called for by the Eduard is wrong. The dang landing gear on this as was with the Do 17 is long a gangly and easily pron to breakage. Repairing one side now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back