**** DONE: GB-39 1:48 Curtis Hawk 75 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good job with the gaps
Yeah Geo once put things together it's more underneath but I could of implied to much dihedral but it's pretty close.If I had not pulled the wings up it was just about flat.;)

Hawk1.jpg

Hawk.jpg

I painted the tail instead of the decal because it was all to large.When I made a measurement it came out to be 21 units on the pocket rule and the decal was 24 units and I had a hand mixture of RLM24 which seem to match the French blue pretty well so I centered up the white and the rest was easy peasy.The camo is by the illustration but not the transition from side to top to side did not work so I used the top and fudged the sides.The French did not have a set pattern and I felt the illustration did not have enough French Chestnut in it.The panels behind the seat are copit green and I still have some touch ups on the camo by hand to do.

gb39 001.JPG

gb39 002.JPG

Thks for the kind remarks guys but all has not been quiet of the Western front :) My Son was home for three weeks from Japan he left on 8/28 lots of museum,food and baseball.I do not know if you can tell attm but the barrels have been replaced seems to becoming SOP for me.

GB38 006.JPG

GB38 007.JPG

GB38 008.JPG

GB38 009.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back