**** DONE: GB-40 1:48 Nakajima B6N2 - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These aren't exact as I have neither fonts nor decals that match the tail codes. Close enough and I've made 4 sets to overlap

1548124035606.png

Good stuff Geo.
I very rarely clear-coat metallic finishes, unless it's representing a 'painted' metal finish, for example, on the MiG 21, but, like Glenn, I apply a sealing coat over the decals only, using a brush.
For decals that want to stick like sh*t to a blanket, a tiny drop of washing up liquid in the water very often helps.

I've taken three of the same shots; trying out the new light-box with different flash settings: full flash, slow synchro(a kind of fill flash) and no flash.

Hey Geo, I like whay you are doing with the light box. Perhaps a little suggestion to get more out of your photographic efforts. Perhaps the issue to improving the look of your images is altering your camera's shooting settings, rather than changing the flash settings. What sort of camera are you using and do you shoot with a tripod? If you have a DSLR you should be able to make changes to the settings to improve your photography.

Thanks guys. I'm using a small point and shoot Canon Powershot Elph. Many functions and I seem to discover something new about the camera all the time. Anyhoo...on finals now, decals are done and getting the fiddly bits together. I've knocked the wheel covers off twice so I will add them just before the outer wings get added. They attach via that small notch in the landing gear. The wheels aren't glued in so that they can be rotated to allow the flat part to sit flush on the ground

1549247877431.png

Thanks guys. I attacked the small windows on the side of the fuselage last night; a right pain in the keester to remove and an even bigger one to clean up. I was also concerned about the small pieces falling inside the fuselage. I'm using this to attach my clear parts as it bonds canopies, etc rock solid.

glue.png

Using a round toothpick that had been dipped in the glue, I started on the bottom lip of the window opening and did a lap around it. Imagine my surprise when I saw that the entire opening had sealed over. I knew this could be done but I've struggled with white glue and dedicated model window makers, making several attempts and failing. Seeing this, I felt it would prevent the clear part from dropping inside so I attached said small part. There was no way that it would sit flush and there was no way I was going to amend the part without losing it or destroying it. I decided to use the glue as the clear part. I thought maybe the first attempt was a fluke but all three windows were done in seconds. I didn't want the glue to ooze out so I left the fuselage on its side and when the glue had hardened there was the expected hollow so I added more to get a nice flush fit. Easy-peasey as Bill would say. Attacking the wing-fold attachments today. I started last week and found that the fit of these small parts was less than positive

I believe that I am also close to live similar experiences with the transparent parts.
Good luck for the two of US. :eek:

Saludos :thumbup:

That last shot looks pretty spiffy.
I'll have to try adjust to f28 and see if I can get a longer depth of field.
I've never see that Elmers, reckon I've never seen Elmers in Oz......?
And.....NMF and decals is a diboggle for me..........
Nice work on this one, as usual mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back