**** DONE: GB-41 1:72 Spitfire MK VIII - PTO from 1937 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
User name: Bustedwing
First name: Graham
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Eduard
Scale: 1:72
Add ons: Barracuda resin cockpit door. Eduard PE set.

I gave up looking for SE Asia decals for my Buffalo and Blenheim when I came across this bad boy. It's a Spitfire and it has a shark on it what's not to love ! Interesting story on the history of the Squadron as well. I had heard of the Grey Nurse Squadron but didn't know a thing about it. I also picked up a PE set and some resin parts for it as well, I wouldn't have normally but they had a minimum order. I'll post up some more pictures of it in a day or two.

Spitfire MKVIII (1)r.jpg

Some more pictures of the kit and the aftermarket goodies.

Spitfire (1).JPG
Spitfire (2)r.jpg
Spitfire (3)r.jpg

Last edited:
Is that your entry for the GB? If it is, please edit your post above and add the required header at the beginning of the post.

I would suggest switching to the BB Code editor while you try to edit your posts. It is the last small icon on right at the post bar. It will allow you to see your post as the text only what makes the editing easier.

PS.. I added the header. Just finish writing with list of addons you are going to use. The thread title was also edited.

I took a closer look at the kit today. Hopefully I'll get a start on it over the weekend looks top notch ! I've never used much photo etched bling like this, a whole set. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go blind !

photoetch.jpg

Good stuff. Not sure if you're familiar with the Eduard stuff but if you buy the "Profipack" kits they come with the PE included and more decal options. However, I don't think your Grey Nurse decals are included as one of the Mk VIII options and it's out of production anyway.

Well I got a start on it during the last few days. I've come to the conclusion that a PE cockpit set while nice is going to be pretty much invisible. The panel that belongs with the kit becomes too thick to mount the seat so I made a new one out of aluminum. Most of it you won't see anyways but at least I know it's there. Over all the detail in the kit is quite good.

spitfirecockpit.JPG

Good job. I don't understand that kit part as all the armour plates behind the seat that I'm familiar with are a single piece of flat steel about .25 inches thick. That part looks really thick.

Pilot seat looks really good. I agree with Andy....that plate looks too thick to me. I cant see any errors as such though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back