**** DONE: GB-42 1/72 Dornier Do 24T - MTO II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
User name: Bustedwing.
First name: Graham.
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Italeri Dornier Do24T
Scale: 1:72
Add ons: Some scratch building and PE belts

Well I was going to build my Italeri Me 323 Gigant for this built. I hear quite a few are at the bottom of the Mediterranean to this day. When I tried to find info on the plane depicted in the kit zilch. My next choice was the Dornier but again, when I tried to find info on the specific planes in the kit zilch again. Found quite a bit on the French version and the Spanish version offered in the kit but nothing on the three versions of Luftwaffe ones which is what I'm most interested in. I think I'll build the version marked "B". The version marked "A" appealed to me but I seem to have developed a slight aversion to yellow paint.

Do24T (1)r.jpg

Do-24T (7)r.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures. I found some on " Rod's Warbirds" as well. I think I'll just wing it. It's curious to see how clean and tidy the planes look. I would have thought there would have been more signs of heavy paint chipping and so on along the water lines. I plan on scratch building some beaching gear as well. The kit just comes with a clear plastic cheesy stand. At least I have a better idea what it looks like !

pics (1).jpg

pics (2).jpg

pics (3).jpg

I suppose I could say I hated German cars, or the people that designed them. Wishy washy OBD2 systems and every year one of them would re-invent the bolt and you would have to buy another $40.00 Snap On socket to work on them. They never swiped any bacon though just killed a few brain cells !

Nice one Graham!

I've got Falcon Clear Vax (vacform) canopies for her if you want to replace the kit glasswork.

Thanks for the offer. The cockpit glass is quite good, fairly thin and very clear, the port hole glass, a joke ! They stick out well past the frames and have divots in the middle. I tried filling them in with some future but they look awful !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back