**** DONE: GB-45 1:48 Slovakian Bf 109G-6 - BoB/Foreign Service (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Eduard
Model: Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 #BFC019
Scale: 1:48

next.jpg

This will be the aircraft as flown by Rudolf Bozik (10.7. 1920-27. 6. 2000) : Son of a railway worker Joseph and Anna, genus. Vrbovská. He had 3 brothers and 2 sisters. Wife Amalia, Gender Lipková. Son Rudolf and daughter Ľubica. He graduated from five classes of the folk school, in 1931 - 1934 he attended the secondary school in Trnava and in the years 1934–1937 Vocational Metalworking School in Trnava. On 10.1.1940 was presented to the performance of military service in the Slovak army. In the period from 10.1.1940 to 16.8.1941 he was a pilot student of the Flying School in Trenčianske Biskupice. As her successful graduate, well qualified as a pilot of two-seater aircraft, continued in flight training. On August 18, 1941 he was included in the course of pilots single-seater aircraft, which took place in the school squadron of the Aviation School in Trenčianske Biskupice, which successfully graduated in the order as the fourth of a total of 18 trainees on June 20, 1942 airman of two-seater aircraft. From 10.1.1942 was admitted to the Corps of non-commissioned officers for a period of six years. From October 22, 1942 to April 22, 1943 completed a night fighter course and from 1.4. to June 1, 1943 training for German fighter aircraft Messerschmitt Bf 109 in Piestany. On 30 6th 1942 was transferred to the squadron 12. On the eastern front served from 23.6. to October 29, 1943 as a member of the 2nd squadron squadron 13 in the field. Within this air unit achieved eight confirmed kills. August 1, 1943 appointed as a field pilot - aviator and assigned to fighter pilots. September 26, 1943 at the start of a combat flight crashed on the Bf-109G-4, while seriously injured and was hospitalized in several military hospitals. On January 1, 1944 promoted to the rank of rotnik aviation. From January 31, 1944 became a member of the squadron 13 - Emergency squadron. He returned to the cabin in the first half of February 1944 (after hospitalization and 42 days of medical leave). On April 13, 1944 shot down, "by chance" German aircraft Bf-110 (reported as an American four-engine bomber B-24 Liberator). From August 1, 1944 he served as a member of the Air Weapons Group at the East Slovak Army. With his air unit flew August 31, 1944 to the Red Army. From 6 9.1944 participated in the SNP as a member of the insurgent Combined Squadron. During the Uprising scored 2 1 / 2 kills German aircraft / 6th 9. 1944 - 1 / 2 Fw 189 - in conjunction with SRTM. František Cyprich; September 16, 1944 - 1 Ju 88; 4 October 1944 - 1 Fw 189 /. 7th 10th 1944 was airborne odtransportovaný from the airport Tri Duby to the USSR, where he retrained to owls. aviation technology. On 17.10. 1944 was presented in Czechoslovakia. Army in the USSR and in the rank of a sergeant included in the 1st MS. mixed aviation division in the USSR. From November 24, 1944 he was a member of the 2nd MS. fighter regiment in the USSR

Rudo Božík in post-war Czechoslovakia. military aviation performed various command functions: squadron commander, swarm commander, the teacher of the 6th Aviation School Regiment, teacher Šturmanskej training group of aviation school, senior air dispatcher, chief of air dispatcher standpoint. From August 1, 1948 to June 18, 1950 he was a trainee in the military aviation academy, which he graduated as the 5th military academic out of a total of 56 students in the class. On 21.12. 1958 he was released from the service relationship of a professional soldier, with a partial retirement pension in the military rank of Cpt. the Air Force. Official reason for the release: the reduction of numbers and reorganization of the Czechoslovak. Army. However, the real reason for the release from Czechoslovakia was that he was, according to the then military representatives, "compromised by active combat activity against the USSR ..."

Honors: Iron Cross 2nd Class (1943), nem. Iron Cross 1st Class (1943), nem. Front airline clasp for fighters in bronze (1943), nem. Front Flight Clip for Silver Fighters (1943), words. For the heroism of the third degree (1943), words. Commemorative badge 1 degree for field campaign against the Soviet Union (1943), rum. Virtutea aeronautica la croix dor (1944), 2x Czechosl. VK 1939 (1945 and 1946), Czechosl. Medal For Bravery (1945), SNP Series 2nd Class (1945), MS. development. commemorative medal with the label USSR (1945), MS. development. medal for Merit (?), MS. development. Medal of Merit for ČSLA I. st. (?), owl. development. medal For the Above the Germanii (1946) and other MS, owls. and words. commemorative medals (Brutally translated by Google)

There are a few poor photos said to be his aircraft and a multitude of profiles all slightly different. This is how I intend to do it

Untitled.png

The innards, taken shamelessly from the Eduard site, 2 of everything except the resin bits...

next1.jpg

next2.jpg

next3.jpg

next4.jpg

next5.jpg

Even the pro suck at photographing to clear parts

next6.jpg
Resin bits

next7.jpg

next8.jpg

Parts not used. I'd like to know more about these as it would be handy in case I want to convert another 109

next9.png

I was wondering about all the resin bits but these don't show up until page 11. I thought about this briefly but will use them on the second kit

next10.png

Last edited:
:thumbright:

BTW... I can't see the attachemnt in #2. Please re-upload it ...

Other than the bombs and racks, the unused parts appear to reflect early to late developments of the 109G. Wheels, supercharger intakes, fin/rudders all changed from the G-4 to G-10 and the sprues appear to include some of the parts for those.

Thanks Andy. Started on the innards, figuring out what can be glued before painting. Removed and cleaned up the fuselage.....no locating holes or pins

You are correct Andy. I don't know why it bugs me so much but I mean....seriously...the only place to put the sprue gate was on the rivet lines. Anyhoo....darkness...

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Of course, after I had finished I noticed that the innards will fit in front of the "L" shaped ledge, not behind it. Helluva masking job though. Attaching the P.E. to the sidewalls at the moment

It's new for me and kinda sorta worked Andy. Mostly based on an oil pin wash but at the moment, though I do have some oil paint, I'm not set up for it yet so I used these...

IMG_0010_1.JPG

Its pretty subtle as it was only a test but if you squint you can just make out some on the floor, seat back and fuselage

IMG_0003.JPG

Forgot to post these. Used my lady stick to apply the P.E. and it worked very well. Stays on the stick until the part comes in contact with the CA and then transfers slicker than snail snot. I use Lepage's Ultra Gel as it gives a bit of work time. Double sided tape to prevent the pings

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Almost done with the P.E. and then I can close it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back