**** DONE: GB-46 1:48 Me-410 B-2 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Username: dneid
First name: Dale
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Meng
Model Type: Me-410 B-2
Aftermarket Add-ons: decals, aftermarket 50mm cannon as none are provided, minor resin, although I am considering a full resin cockpit, scratch building to some extent

Well, guess I will keep the GB thing going. I really enjoyed the last one and I had forgotten how relaxing time at the bench can be. I finally decided on the Meng Me-410 B-2 Heavy Fighter. I found a set of very interesting markings from Xtradecal. I am really leaning towards the Russian markings, but I want to get the decals in my hands before I commit. I will update the thread if I decide on other markings, And I found a resin radio add on that I think will really help. I will provide more pics of the kit over the next few days. I have fresh blades in the scalpel handles and I am reviewing the instructions and parts the next few evenings before I begin any painting / construction. Don is loaning me a book on the Me-210 / Me-410. Not sure how much scratch building I will be doing yet, if any at all.
Box art added 10 May 2020.
Pics below and thanks for stopping in.
Me-410 B-2 Russian Decals.jpgMe-410 Radio.jpg

Attachments

• Meng Me-410 Box top.jpg
    Meng Me-410 Box top.jpg
    746.4 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Great entry Dale. I gathered a lot of info when I did my Promodeller version many moons ago so let me know if you need any other info.

This profile of your proposed bird appears in the Kagero book "Me410 in Combat". EDIT: IMO, the black undersides are wrong.

Capture.JPG

This additional pic, which I think is the same bird, is taken form the Mushroom yellow series book on the 410.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for all the posts from you all. There is some great info in there. There is a distinct lack of data available on the 410., but there is some and the stuff you guys have posted will be a huge help.

Ok, I got started with priming and some initial RLM66 paint. I need to review the instructions further and make sure I have the parts that are needed ready to go. While I will be picking up an after market 50mm cannon set (not included in the kit) I did take the time to open the bores / flash suppressors on the 20mm guns. Although it is highly unlikely I will use them, I figured the practice would be a good thing. I did post a pic of the resin radio versus the kit piece (pic 3). Granted, it is hard to see in really deep detail, but I sure like the resin part. I am still waiting for the resin cockpit set to arrive before I make a final decision on which way to go. I thought I would try the kit parts for an exercise in rebuilding the skills. I have a distinct love / hate thing with resin. Very nice detail, but often a real pain to fit into the kit. Once the resin kit arrives, I will post a few pics and make my decision. Same for the decals. Ebay says those should be here mid this coming week.

Pictures below and thanks for stopping in.
Cannon Bore Opened Up.jpgInitial Primer and RLM66 1.jpgKit Radio versus Resin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back