**** DONE: GB-46 1:48 MiG-3 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Trumpeter
Model: MiG-3 (Late) Kit #02831
Scale: 1:48

1588341236580.png

This will be the aircraft of Capt. A.V. Schopov, of 6 IAP, 6 IAK (Fighter Air Corps), IA-PVO (Moscow Air Defence), winter 1941/42. There is no photo of the aircraft. The box top shows gun pods under the wings but none are in the kit so that's how it will be depicted.

Right....time to get started. I've been over at Massimo's site a lot and checking out other builds. I decided to use a mix of all. Side panels were sprayed with Mr. Hobby (formerly/still Gunze Sangyo(?)) H67-RLM65. The floor was sprayed Tamiya XF58 - Olive Green as on Massimo's site. Boxes were done with a Tamiya dark green though I can't remember which. The site says they could be green or black. Seat armour and IP were painted Tamiya XF69 - Nato Black. Cushions were done with Vallejo Model Color Leather. Leather was also painted on the rectangle on the side panel. I just found out what the patch was for. There's a foot-hole in the fuselage for cockpit access and it opened into the cockpit. This allowed debris to come into the cockpit so they put a patch over it which I left in aluminum. I noticed while editing the photos that I forgot a second coat on the seat. Once that dries I'll start the weathering process.

1588374661392.png

I finally read the manual for my big honkin' Canon and figured out the manual aperture setting which is why everything is in focus. Also since January when I fired up my new Laptop with Windows 10, I couldn't upload photos; I'd have to use my old Lenovo. I've been searching the webs since January looking for a solution. Finding no solutions I was going to take it to the Geek Squad in PG on Monday. Yesterday, on a whim, I reformatted one of the three SD cards I use and ta-freakin-da, I can upload photos now. That card will be used exclusively in my big honkin' Canon

Weathering in progress, a bit involving Tamiya Panel liner so photos later. In the meantime I once again filled the open holes in the bottom of the wings that Trumpeter thankfully had opened.

1588438300203.png

Geo, nice subject. This will be an interesting build to watch.

And, Terry, don't mean Windoze 10? Sorry, Mac humor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back