**** DONE: GB-47 1:48 Me 262 A-1a - WW2 D-Day and After – Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Username : rochie
First name : Karl
Category : intermediate
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model : Hobbyboss Me 262 A-1a
Extras : none

16535951yh.jpg

Subject will be red L of 10.NAGr 11 as per the kit instructions shown below.

i have no idea what type of unit 10.NAGr 11 was and cannot find any details of it, so any more info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5-130Z509292515.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Karl your bird is a KG51 machine and in fact is Black L, the instructions are in error, can send you more info...
What ?

i noticed now that the hobbyboss sheet has the titles switched for the two subjects !

Yes please Wayne
meanwhile I'll check if i have black L's before looking for a different subject.

Last edited:
Well i have no white oulined black L's.
I have plain black and even yellow outlined black L's !

I would do the other one from the box art but don't want to do black under surfaces, even though the instruction sheet has RLM 76 undersides but the box art has black ?

Well i have no white oulined black L's.
I have plain black and even yellow outlined black L's !

I would do the other one from the box art but don't want to do black under surfaces, even though the instruction sheet has RLM 76 undersides but the box art has black ?
Karl, I ran into that on the p-61. I've learned not to trust the kit manufacturer on the markings. HB can be really bad about this. But even aftermarket decals don't always do their research.

I find Trumpeter and their sister Hobby Boss to be the ones I'm most likely to go with aftermarket markings. That being said, black bellies are my thing after working B-52D's in the early 80's.

Hey Karl your bird is a KG51 machine and in fact is Black L, the instructions are in error, can send you more info...

Well, that makes things easier. I have just one picture in 2 references for this machine taken from about the 5 o'clock position. "10/NAGr 11" is, I think, a misnomer and I think should rather refer to Kurt Welter's 10/NJG 11 which had a handful of Me262A-1's.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I think you can easily achieve the white outline of your black L by finding a spare decal of a large white field and cutting, with a sharp blade, the L slightly larger than the plain L that you already have. Apply that underneath your plain L and it should do fine.

Last edited:
Well, that makes things easier. I have just one picture in 2 references for this machine taken from about the 5 o'clock position. "10/NAGr 11" is, I think, a misnomer and I think should rather refer to Kurt Welter's 10/NJG 11 which had a handful of Me262A-1's.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I think you can easily achieve the white outline of your black L by finding a spare decal of a large white field and cutting, with a sharp blade, the L slightly larger than the plain L that you already have. Apply that underneath your plain L and it should do fine.
will look see what i have and might try that

I have a solution i think.

in my spare decals i have some black gruppe bars with a white outline, these are the same width as my red L's, should be a simple task to cut make them look like L's.
if i do it correctly i wont even need to do any touch ups with paint ! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back