**** DONE: GB-47 1:72 Me 262B-1A/U1 - WW2 D-Day and After - Western Front (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Username: Bustedwing
First name: Graham
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Airfix
Scale 1:72
Model: Me262B-1A/U1
Add ons, Masking tape belts, PE belt buckles

I have a few kits that would fit the category but are mostly shall we say, " not too impressive kits ". This looks to be a very nice kit. I picked it up last week from our local shop. Now that nuclear winter has set in with all the smoke from the forest fires down south I have good excuse to stay inside !

Me262B 1-A (1)r.jpg

Me262B 1-A (2)r.jpg

Well I'll start out by saying this is a wonderful kit with only two small problems and one of which only if I make it one. There are no colour callouts for anything other than the camoflage anywhere in the instructions. The one that bugs me are the panel lines. The kit has fantastic surface detail including panel lines. It seems a shame to have to fill them ? I understand the panels were taped and sanded on 262s but I haven't been able to find out which ones so far. Looks like most on the fuselage. I may fill them I haven't decided yet. On with the build.

Cockpit goes together nice.

Me262B 1-A (3)r.jpg

Top surface I painted RLM 66 with my go to brand, Testors Model Master Enamels which is going the way of disco. The bottom
was painted with Vellejo Air RLM 66 which looks more like black. Not impressed with Vallejo so far the times I've tried using it.
Resprayed with the Testors.

Me262B 1-A (8)r.jpg

Kit comes with some great decals for the IPs. So far so good.

Me262B 1-A (9)r.jpg

Looks good Graham. I haven't seen MM paints here for years. Any panel line that does not represent a control surface, access panel, or inspection port should be filled.

Some final pictures of the cockpit. I gave up on PE seat belts and the brain pain that comes with trying to shape them to fit over the seats. Instead I made belts out of masking tape and I made buckles out of wire and just cut the fasteners off the PE belts and glued them to the masking tape.

Me262B 1-A (17)r.jpg

Me262B 1-A (18)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back