**** DONE: GB-48 1/48 F6F-5 - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey, Guys,
Significant progress on the Hellcat. Not so with posting. I finally started on the final paint. I did get the inner wings from the wing fold kit installed with just about zero challenges.
Inner Wing Fuse Joint.jpg

Finally started on the painting, belly was easy peasy.
Belly Paint 1.jpg

I found a decal set that had a tricolor scheme.
Tri Color Decals.jpg

And the tricolor first pass is down. I will go back with the intermediate blue to clean up / finish first coat. So far, things are progressing nicely. BTW, have I mentioned how much I just love the HS Evo?
Tri Color Lft Side 1.jpgTri Color Rgt Side 2.jpg

The next challenge is figuring out just how the wing fold (outer wings) and the resin fiddly bits go together. So, back to the books and careful looking and test fitting. My goal is to wrap this one up within 10 days. I have the Eduard P-51D-5 that I am chomping at the bit to get going for the next build.

Thanks for popping by.

Ok, another progress check in with you all. I am continuing on with the painting, decals, and panel stuff. I finally sorted out the wing fold and I am very impressed with the wolf pack system for the Hellcat. Pics below:
Left side painted and sealed.jpgLeft wing underside dirtied up.jpgRgt Side decaled and panel lined 1.jpgRgt Side sealed 1.jpgWingfold dry fit.jpgWingfold dry fit 2.jpg

Thanks for stopping in.

Hey, Guys,
Ok, finally getting down to the last few steps. I need to get the flat coat on (hence the tape on the cockpit)and the aerial wires on. Gonna use Andy's Lego trick for that. All in all, this has a been a fine kit. The Wolf Pack Wing Fold kit was damned nice, although it was lacking in clarity of instructions and clear photos of the inner wing fold detail was hard to find. Never did find a complete picture, but found a couple that let me figure it out though.

Inner Wing Fold Detail.jpgLft Wing with outer wing folded.jpgLeft front view.jpgEngine detail in cowl.jpg

My goal is to have this all completed within the next 2-3 days. Thanks for stopping by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back