**** DONE: GB-48 1/48 I-16 Type 5 - Military A/C before 1939 (incl Spanish Civil War) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Username: Le_steph40
First name: Steph
Category: advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Ark Models => the kit
Model Type: Polikarpov I-16 type 5 (modified from a Type 10)
Aftermarket Add-ons: A Resin cockpit, Gonza instrument panel, Gonza engine cooler, Squadron canopy, RB Model M2 Browning MG and the main Ricardo Rodriguez Ramos resin transkit to build an I-16 Type 5. Begemot 48-021 or Bestfong 48018b decals

48020.jpg48008.jpeg48027.jpg48021.jpg9636.jpg48AB01.jpgDSCN5348.JPG48018bI-16.jpg

The transkit made by Mr Rodriguez Ramos is for an Eduard kit, I hope don't have too much problems adapting it :oops:

Last edited:
Hello,

Started ! :)
I-16.jpgDSCN5380.JPG

Some technical and historical explanations:
This I-16 Type 5 was apparently manufactured after Spring 1937 and probably delivered to China from October 1937. So, the wings were reinforced but keeping the sliding canopy of the first type 5 models.
For this build, there are several add-ons that will not be used: principaly early wings from R. Rodriguez Ramos resin transkit. I'll use the wings of the Ark Model kit (reinforced ones) with the Type 5 resin ailerons...

The amount of detail you guys put in is incredible. I have a Hasegawa 1/72 B-229 that I "started" years ago. The Finnish one. I was going to paint it some kind of blue and slap some U.S. stars on it. Wasn't even going to finagle a gun sight for it. I'm so embarrassed.

Hello,
The amount of detail you guys put in is incredible. I have a Hasegawa 1/72 B-239 that I "started" years ago. The Finnish one. I was going to paint it some kind of blue and slap some U.S. stars on it. Wasn't even going to finagle a gun sight for it. I'm so embarrassed.

I don't think to use all the add-ons; some are necessary because there is nothing in the kit as the cockpit details for instance. Others add-ons are to build I-16 Type 5 version.
Don't be embarrassed, everyone build as he wants. For your B-239, the Väisälä THM40 gunsight is a copy of the German Revi 3c or 3d sight... Simply to build (in1/48 scale)
Revi gunsight
Finnish revi.jpg
The main thing is to be happy or proud with his work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back