**** DONE: GB-48 1:72 Heinkel 115 C-1 - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Username: Bustedwing
First name: Graham
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Revell
Scale 1:72
Model: Heinkel 115 C-1
Add ons, Falcon Canopies, Brengun Photo Etch set.

Originally I intended to build my Revell BV 222 for this build but realized it was a bit to big to finish in time. I also have a Heinkel 111 but I want to save that for a desert version so that left the He 115 which I've had for years and years, I built the Matchbox version 20 years or so ago and this kit I believe is a reboxing. So now I have a great reason to get at it. I also cracked open my wallet and ordered some aftermarket parts for it as there really isn't much to this kit to begin with.

He-115 (5)r.jpg

He-115 (6)r.jpg

pe-set-r.jpg

canopies-r.jpg

The Matchbox He 115

He-115 (1)r.jpg

Kick open the doors of the chop shop, dig out the razor saw and Dremel and glue your fingers together with super glue, soak with a Q tip and some MEK and presto ! Some progress. The kit supplied front canopy does not include the window below the pilots area so that has to be cut out to match the aftermarket one. As well the PE set requires removing the front end of the fuselage to open it up. So far so good, I did manage to glue my fingers together though when putting the PE stuff together, dam stuff !

He-115 (7)r.jpg

He-115 (8)r.jpg

That's a really great offer. I think I have most of it figured out. What I do need is a picture showing the layout of the hole in the floor below the pilots feet and a diagram of the panel lines. If you have any of those that would help as well.

Waffen Arsenal He115

1607772173286.png

1607772124046.png

Back in the chop shop after fixing LED Xmas light strings that cost $20.00 and burn out over the summer hanging in the garage. Lot's of cutting and sanding and filing and the front canopy is fitted. I'm pretty sure I'll end up building most of this with little bits of tape. Some things I have noticed. The very forward curved section is supposed to have retracted on rollers. not sure for what except to gain access to the lower part. The flat floor behind it has been referred to as a "bed" perhaps for a nap on long patrols ? As far as the window below the pilots feet. I'm not sure how the floor was laid out. The strange thing, if you look at the instructions for the PE set, part 33 which runs the length of the cockpit floor shows the " hump" or valley as it were orientated down ward. The pictures I have found show it upwards but since I'm using the "restoration " pictures as a reference and a lot of the pictures were taken when the fuselage was upside down it's hard to tell. Be nice to know for sure but at this point I'm done with MEK and dissolving crazy glue !

He-115 (9)r.jpg

He-115 (10)r.jpg

He-115 (11)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back