**** DONE: GB-49 1/144 Spitfire IXc - Favorite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PlasticHero

Senior Airman
Jul 31, 2019
Pennsylvania, USA
Username: PlasticHero
First Name: Alan
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/144
Model: Spitfire IXc
Manufacturer: Eduard 4433

This should be 90% paint since there is no attempt at a cockpit, you get that as a p/e set that Eduard also offers. The detail is a little better than the Amodel Lanc but the 1 piece wings have a litte sink area on the top side of the wing. I'll be putting a little filler there, at least it is not too close to panel lines. No decision as yet as to what scheme. I posted on the image, the top and bottom of the wing.
sprue1.jpg

sprue2.jpg

I couldn't let this category go without a Spit in it.

Last edited:
Ya know how you struggle when you drop a tiny part in the carpet? That's how it is when I drop a fuselage half. So the inside was looking too bare and I about doubled my investment in this kit. I plan to use this thin super glue to keep everything together. I'll report after I try some scrap bits.
pe1.jpg

So, I got a few more items to help with the PE...
pe2.jpg

The PE looks great, here I have 2 bits of the back armor and the instrument panel glued in place. The CA is thin and does not bond instantly so I have about 30 seconds for slight adjustment. This is as hard as you can imagine. The PE is nearly like aluminum foil. The seat belts were too small to manipulate so I gave up on them before I ruined the seat. I folded the cockpit up but is seems just a hair too wide and the side walls are held be only 4 tiny tabs, two bends and they started to separate. I cut them off and glued them onto the side walls.
sprue2.jpg

I'll try to get the fore and aft bulkhead in after my eyes recover. The only problem here is I have heard that the crow bar on the door was red only after the war.

Impressive tiny innards. Doing "normal" modelling I wear 2x reading glasses and when I want to get up close I use these...

1615681276669.png

There is another set of lenses inside that fold down but I rarely use them and I removed the small pivoting lens on the right side; things got way to close. I do use the light almost all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back