**** DONE: GB-52 1:144 Lancaster Mk I - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've seen those and you're right about trying to replicate what is going on in there. The Amodel Lanc does a very credible job at showing that. The top of the wheel well is the upper wing half with ribbing molded in there.
lancwheel3.JPG

Thanks all for keeping me honest!!!

Last edited:
This is what I have after advice about wheel well colors.
spru4.jpg

I have the base colors on, some decals and started the "Moon Moggie" nose art. As a reminder, the squadron code is my initials and Moggie is an old nickname.
Image9 cat.jpg

It turns out that I wildly underestimated the size of the cat decal I have so I had to cut a stencil, then some gray, then gray and yellow.
moon.jpg

stand1.jpg
stand2.jpg

These bits of brass rod carry most of the weight of this model. I had to cut and solder it because I didn't get the part in the base lined up. This is a very delicate kit at least for me and this way it will be awhile before the gear and props get knocked off. There is some brown wash for exhaust and mud on the bottom. The base is an 11" round with railroad grass and very fine dirt from my yard.
final9.jpg

You can't quite make out the slogan but it is W-------- Wild Cat. A fun build and a plane that I've been thinking about for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back