**** DONE: GB-52 1/72 Junkers Ju 88A-1 - Heavy Hitters IV (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And now that you point it out, the camo pattern is definitely there on the rudder, and over painted. Must have been a special campaign coloring?

Not a campaign colouring .. it was a prototype or a test plane. So she wasn't used operationally.

Any thoughts on that window/panel directly behind the camera glass?

See my post #40 on the previous page.

Oh .... I have omitted the Window, or access plate at the ventral gondola. It was a window that had a plate cover at the gondola interior that could be closed or opened. Having opened it, the bomb aimer could see the bomb running. But when working as the ventral rear gunner he could close the window as there were his feet/legs kept.

View attachment 654027
View attachment 654028
the pic source: the net.

View attachment 654029
View attachment 654030
the source: Junkers 88 A1 detail photos
So, kind of both! I'll mask off an area to represent the glassed area. I guess I could paint the interior surface to represent the cover?

Strange location for the 'lift handle' if that's what the attached loop is (along with the triangle loop). So near to the hinges!

Again, thanks.

I guess I could paint the interior surface to represent the cover?

In all pics of the gondola I have seen it looks like the window glass would be overpainted with a light colour (eg. the RLM65). So I would say that could be the colour for the bottom of the cover there or the RLM02. But the interior one also could be. The inner surface of the cover could be of the interior RLM66 for instance.
If I were you I would leave the glass window without painting. In other words the window could stay open with no cover in the interior.

gondola window.jpg

the source: the net

In my opinion, the rudder in the second photo is deflected slightly toward the sun and so appears lighter. Not a different colour at all.

Well. I can't wait any longer. I have some medical stuff coming up that may put me out of operation past the deadline date. So the FINISHED post is on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back