**** DONE: GB-56 1:48 F-47D-40-RA - Thunderbolts and Lightnings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmmmmm....The rudder is a two part affair; not sure the reasoning for this but the fit is very good

IMG_0008.JPG

Seam work is commencing

It's a ploy to increase the kit parts........................Seriously though looking at the the two parts you have a little flange on each side of the lower rudder this would probably have been difficult to mould accurately as one piece. :D

To a certain extend I agree with Vic. More of parts but also more of joy in the manufacturer opinion at least. However it is a better way than the one used for Mistercraft and a couple of other models of 1/72 scale. See below. But also it is a way to avoid of plastic collapsing at the areas where it is too thick what happens quite often.

p-51_a.jpg

P-51_b.jpg

P-51_c.jpg

the pic source: the net.

Thanks. Last bits before I leave. Flaps are on and a right pain in the keester they were. You have up or down options and I chose up to match the photo. I dry fit the two smaller outer hinges and they fit like a glove so I glued them on. Once set I test fit the larger inner hinge and it stood proud and no amount of wiggling would get it to nestle down. I searched everywhere on the web and could only find builds with the flaps down; no comments on why the chose that option. I finally found a video where the builder shows the same problem I'm having but nothing further was mentioned on a solution. I ended up gluing the flap to the wing and then cut the hinge in two, filing and sanding until both pieces fit into their respective slots. Here is a shot showing the hinge, laying flush

Untitled.jpg

IMG_0001.JPG

The reason the model is resting on paint bottles is I have to install the centre-line sway braces so I can fair them in. I won't do this until I get home so if anyone has info to say that Tamiya got this right, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

IMG_0002.JPG

Camp bus in two hours, have a good week gentlemen

Good Gawd, almost a month later. So I sprays the airframe with Tamiya Flat Aluminum hoping for a less grainy finish as I got on one of my P-51s. Not to be so I over sprayed with Vallejo Metal Color 71.701 Aluminum. It was a slightly different shade and I was getting an interesting affect

IMG_0001.JPG

There was said to be only one photo of the aircraft but I found another, probably shot on the same day. The dark area under the aircraft I took for shadow but it is a darker metal colour, no other info giving. As it is quite dark I shot Vallejo 77.711 Magnesium

IMG_0003.JPG

Need to shoot O.D. glare panels and YZC in the wheel wells and I can decal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back