**** DONE: GB-56 1:48 F-47D-40-RA - Thunderbolts and Lightnings (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. Wheel wells and surrounding area painted weathered and flat coated. No photos as it is packing day but I did have two eureka moments. I've read a lot about builders using Vallejo Flat and saying its one of the best out there. Whenever I use it I am still left with a shiny surface. Today while looking for something unrelated, I read an article where the builder said that Vallejo needs to be thinly applied so I tried brushing on light coats and voila, a nice flat finish. The other moment came while I was looking for photos of P-47 landing gear. The first photo was a museum P-47 and I noticed that the oleo scissors were YZC. I thought this odd as I was to believe they were a metal colour so off to the books I goes looking for good shots of this area. Of course most photos are in shadows but the ones that were clear were definitely not metal coloured. I finally found a period colour photo of a P-47D bubble top which I believe is not colourized and there we go, at least half of it look to be YZC which is how I will do mine

1672786128773.png

Anti-glare panels on using Tamiya XF-62 Olive Drab. Touch-ups to be done; these aren't a result of overspray or paint lift but to me being careless and scratching the paint. I'll mask off the entire panel and use a different shade of Vallejo Metal Color to give some variation.

IMG_0002.JPG

Hope to start applying deecals tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back