**** DONE: GB-56 1/48 P-47N - Thunderbolts and Lightnings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
User name: N4521U
First name: Bill
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Academy
Model type: P-47N
Extras: Yes........... scratch without a doubt, decals from everywhere, Resin engine, cockpit, PE, cloth belts and whatever I can find in spares.
Please forgive me, I have sinned: A long long time ago I had "started" this kit, big mistake, gone are the instructions but I've downloaded them now. The box? Who knows, I got this image from sleebay. All the bits in the Box, well let's just say I have little in the way of spru left. The only progress I made was attaching the engine parts to themselves and something resembling plug wires. Everything else is sealed.

GB56 1.jpgGB56 2.jpgGB56 3.jpgGB56 4.jpgGB56 5.jpg

Last edited:
So, my story.........
I had found a Davidson had flown in this Sqn, the 34th but couold find nothing but these two photos.
GB56 6.jpgGB56 7.jpg
Then my internet searching came up with a 34th reunion booklet with these photos.
Their book cover, Sqn logo, a plane under repair with Spade on rudder, not vert stab.
And an illustration with 3 different versions of tail splash. Hmmmmmm!
GB56 8.jpgGB56 9.jpgGB56 10.jpg
Then these popped up. A crew with a fresh rudder treatment, not matching Anything!
And included in the yearbook, a photo of Davidson and ground crew, I imagine.
So what to do? I will have to find two 7's and I am going with the yellow Tail, black stripe
and the spade on the rudder, it is after all, My model!!!!!!!
GB56 11.jpgGB56 12.jpg
Now to get my wifes chores done so I can go to the bench in peace!
So there! Any objections???

Ouch!! Now when you say 'cracked' is thay just a painfull knock or did you break someting. Whichever, you take care my friend and when you can, get rid of that bl***y brick. :D

Ouch!! Now when you say 'cracked' is thay just a painfull knock or did you break someting. Whichever, you take care my friend and when you can, get rid of that bl***y brick. :D
Well that bloody brick is part of the planter edging, not going anywhere. Yes, a small crack in the ball of the Not So Humerus!!!!! Painful? Jusu Cristo! Can't even reach my big nose. It'll be a week or so for the swell using to go down. Only a few minutes sleep last night, damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back