**** DONE: GB-56 1/72 P-47D - Thunderbolts and Lightnings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have all the decals done and nearly all the detail painting of all the tiny last minute, break em off if you look at it wrong bits. I'm going to give it a day or two to dry, then some wash, exhaust and general grunge. The checkers on the last post that were a little wrinkled were fine when I looked a few days later. 😯 Things I learned, I'm not going to do stripes with decals; I don't even think it was easier than paint, and just doesn't quite line up. The resin engine didn't paint as well as the kit part and looks no better for the expense. Yahu instruments are much better than kit and are worth it. Might have to take a few extra days but I think I've got this, Thanks for all the "encouragement" and can't wait to start on GB57.
progress3.jpg

Last edited:
Done, Some things went better than expected and some not up to what I hoped. But, I have not had such a good time building plastic, even discouraging days are quickly cured just by coming here and seeing what all you guys are doing. In the old days, all I had were my nerd friends and I could hear them thinking, "what a nerd" or once or twice a year going to a model show and seeing all masterpieces compared to me. So onto the finish post, clean the bench, and have a beer. Well maybe get the bench cleaned tomorrow... yea, I'll get the beer and then post. Cya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back