**** DONE: Ja 37 Saab Viggen (Jaktviggen) of F 13 Norrköping GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
Here is my entry

Username: VikingBerserker
First Name: David
Category: 2 – Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: ESCI
Model Type: Saab Ja 37 Jaktviggen of the F 13 Norrköping
Additions: Possibly scratch building a few items

F 13 located near Norrköping in South-Eastern Sweden was active from 1943 to 1993 as the 4th Swedish Fighter Wing created and was named Bråvalla in honor of The Battle of Bråvalla in 770 AD. The squadron was originally equipped with the Fiat CR.42 and was re-equipped with the Swedish designed FFVS J22 a year later. In 1946 they were the first Swedish Fighter Wing to convert to jets with the J 28 (de Havilland Vampire) and were also the first Wing to be equipped with the Saab 29 Tunnan and Saab 35 Draken. In 1980 they were equipped with their final aircraft, the JA 37 Viggen.

Since I first say this plane O so many years ago, I've always wanted to do the Splinter Camo scheme which is the one I shall be doing.

(Jan for the record, I had NO idea it was F 13 squadron until I started posting this)! :oops:

Attachments

• 100_7742.jpg
    100_7742.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 313
  • Ja 37 a.jpg
    Ja 37 a.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Ja 37 b.jpg
    Ja 37 b.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 288
Nice one - love that splinter scheme! Jan will either be happy or miffed! Happy= Swedish. Miffed = someone else doing a '13' - and he might not know of this one!

Excellennt choice mate,looking forward to seeing the camo on this one.8)
Cheers,
Tony.

Nice one mate! Looking forward to see you do the splinter camou! For the record, when the airforce wanted their paint for camouflage, everybody said that 'it's impossible to produce a paint that flat', so they did it themself! :lol: 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back