Done : Oblt. Klaus Faber, Fw190D-9 "Red 13", JV44 Gruppe Build... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Just though that I'd start up this thread for my next bird, Oblt Klaus Faber's Fw 190D-9 13, Wk. Nr. 213240. Will be ordering paints in a not too distant future, I hope...8) :D

Attachments

• Red 13 Drawing.jpg
    Red 13 Drawing.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 321
  • Red 13.gif
    Red 13.gif
    88.6 KB · Views: 215
get the future volume 2 on the Dora by EE. they have done a complete run through with new pics on the Würger Staffel including another "new" red striped bird.

Much obliged Erich..! :notworthy: How far off is it in the future? Need to go through Dan's, thread again where we talked about the camouflage of this and the other machines in the staffeln....or should I go with EE's sheet for them?

go to EE's web-site. The old softback Doras of the Galland Circus has been OOP for some time but there still might be copies floating around - amazon or ?

get the future volume 2 on the Dora by EE. they have done a complete run through with new pics on the Würger Staffel including another "new" red striped bird.

That's another reason I have not started any of my "Red striped birds":D

On another note...The new Eduard Fw190D-9 wont be released until November:( and the D-11/13 until early 2010..:cry:

This whole Group build was absolutely Genious mate! looking forward to seeing these all turn out!:D

Cheers matey...:oops: Was just thinking to myself "wtf, no seatbelt decals with this one either!?" :shock: Oh well, just get them at a later date and leave the canopies lose....:(

...and not even decals for the instrument panel! :shock: :lol: 'Tis will be interesting indeed laddies....
Anyhoo, that's me sorta stuck me tracks noo tae the paints arrive...bugger! :( AND, I'm desperate to do a '109 or '190 with a spiral...aren't I weird!? :lol: See whit a can sniff out in me decal pile....

Seat belt decals? Ugh! Make some from thin strips of paper, and draw-in the details, or make the latter from thin plastic card/stretched sprue. Fairly straight forward, look much better, and I'm sure a man of your calibre can manage it!!

Rubbish! Course you are! If I can do it with knackered hands, I'm sure you can; it's only a matter of cutting thin strips of paper, any paper, or even thin vinyl or plastic sheet, sticking it in place, then painting it! Apart from looking OK, it's actually easier than trying to place the decal!

Jan use a piece of aluminium foil that you can obtain from a box of margarine
or others.You know the foil is under the box cover and guard it agains the air.Also joghurt cubs are protected with it at the top of them.Choose the foil with a texture of canvas on its surface.Use a sharp scalpel and a ruller to cut off some thin strips.Make some buckles of thin wire and da da...I have made these for my P-51B in that way.I didn't use any glue to put fasteners and belts together.

Attachments

• Dscn1056.JPG
    Dscn1056.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Dscn1058.JPG
    Dscn1058.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Dscn1062.JPG
    Dscn1062.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 187
THX guys.:D To be honest almost all the cockpit was scratch-built.It is waiting for a gunsight but I don't want myself to make it anyhow.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back