**** DONE: Spitfire MkVa W3185 Douglas Bader 616 Sqdn - Aircraft of the Aces GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
User Name: rochie
Name: Karl
Category: intermediate
Kit: Airfix
Scale:1/48
Accessories: none

ok here's my second entry for the Aces build.
Airfix's Spitfire MkVa W3185 Douglas Bader 616 Sqdn.
my research has found that Dogsbody is likely to have only flown W3185 on three occastions including the day he was shot down 9th august 1941 possibly by Buck Casson his own Sqdn 616

Attachments

• Douglas_Bader.jpg
    Douglas_Bader.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 241
  • AX50030.jpg
    AX50030.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Good one mate. I've got the correct oil cooler from the Tamiya kit if you need to replace the Mk1 type shown on the box art, just give me a shout.

Was thinking about building Bader's Spit in 1/72nd myself one day. Will fallow your work with interest.

Nice choice, one of my projects is his Spitfire II...
I didn't yet decided for my project for this group build... Spitfire IIa "Bader", Fw 190A-8 "Dahl", Spifire Vb "Demozay", La-5 or La-5F or La-7 "Kozhedub, P-39 Pokryshkin... I don't know which to choice...
One thing is certain, the scale: 1/48 !!!

Nice choice, one of my projects is his Spitfire II...
I didn't yet decided for my project for this group build... Spitfire IIa "Bader", Fw 190A-8 "Dahl", Spifire Vb "Demozay", La-5 or La-5F or La-7 "Kozhedub, P-39 Pokryshkin... I don't know which to choice...
One thing is certain, the scale: 1/48 !!!

Quite a dill-emma there matey. Could take 3 months to decide!

Great choice! Douglas Bader is one of the pilots I remember from my earliest days. Can't wait to see this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back