dont laugh (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
Just cant believe i did this as my wife sits n laughing i spilt super glue on my glasses just one lense now there the plastic kind is it removable or get a new pair:lol:.

fingers are still stuck.

You can get debonder for superglue which may work to remove it from the glasses. As to your fingers the easiest way is to get them to sweat as this will break the bond between glue and skin.
Me I can't stand the stuff everything you want it to stick it won't and it gets everywhere it's not wanted and forms a perfect bond.

The original super glue was designed as a fast suture for wounds by medics before the wounded were sent to a foreward field hospital. That is why it sticks so well to skin and similiar items (leather, wood, etc).

If your glasses have plastic lenses, chances are it'll have to be looked at by your eye doctor, since the glue will "scar" the area it comes in contact with. There is a possibility that they can polish it off the lens but don't try any solvents or remover, since some of them contain acetone, which will burn the surface!

Great hobby aint it. Small disasters happen now then. Good luck with the clean up. They still use superglue for wounds (small lacerations usually).
BTW my wife is good at laughing at me too. :blob6: :lol:

I use the more viscous "gap filling" super glue and have found it works very well but even upside down it takes 15 -30 sec to reach the nozzle which has a very small opening in it so how in the world? Now for smaller jobs I use the very thin plastic solvent glue that you put on with a brush. It's like water and I've come close several times to knocking it over.
As said above, if your lens is plastic you are pretty much SOL, new lens time!
If glass you might have a chance using acetone just be careful of the frame if it is plastic.
Magnu - "debonder? that's a new one on me. Do you have a brand name? I'd like to look into it.
AND - Ok I won't laugh but

Attachments

• DogSnickerTeeHee-1.gif
    DogSnickerTeeHee-1.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 3,044
Last edited:
Mike there are quite a few debonders LHS should carry them Zap Z 7 and Vitalbond are two popular names that spring to mind

Thanks magnu, I'm going to check with my local hobby store. I've used acetone to remove superglue but it removes plastic as well, so every now and then when a part does not superglue together correctly and I'm forced to break it to realign it. the debonder would be ideal provided it does not effect the plastic. Thank you for the info. I learn something new here every day

Thanks guys lens was replaced and how did i spill well i had the nozzle off trying to dip a needle in to it to get a tad but oops.

He he he... I super glued my hand to the counter at the one shop I use to work at, the glue spilled on the counter and did not see it and put my hand down, I did get me hand loose though. At least you did not mistake it for lube like in American Pie...

my dad had a gold filling in his one front teeth. it fell out and he toyed with trying to superglue it back into place. when he told me that i laughed and told him with his luck he will glue his finger to his teeth.....he decided to go to the dentist instead. :lol:

Airframes - lucky for your dad. Super glue is a CYANOacrylic meaning Cyanide which combines with water to form prussic acid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back