dornier do 17z-2 by frog 1/72nd

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
on one of my looking around the net for info nights i came across this site
Dornier 17 Conservation Project - Aircraft Restoration at the Royal Air Force Museum

this got me interested in building another of my rare frog kits this time Dornier do17z-2,pics to follow once i've taken some plus i might add my airfix do17 with the later nose that needs restoring to compare the different types,the frog kit has the JU88 nose section fitted ,the airfix kit has the Dornier nose,

thanks for looking

bob2059.jpg

bob2134.jpg

bob2061.jpg

bob2060.jpg

bob2062.jpg

bob2073.jpg

bob2135.jpg

bob2136.jpg

bob2139.jpg

bob2138.jpg

bob2072.jpg

progress so far,still a bit of detailing left to do in the cockpit before closing it up but i can't find many photos of the inside
of a do17,the last couple of pics show the aircraft in camo with a coat of gloss varnish,i don't know why but the colours
have changed a lot once the varnish was applied almost making them the same colour,any idea chaps,

thanks for looking

it has all the earmarks that the varnish to the paint reacted with making you the color varieties that happened to me once with a nail varnish malabu.
to find photos of the cabin Do17Z this complicated since there is not much photographic material from inside the cockpit, I have a project in hand but a scratch Do17z2 and almost all the material I found online, all books I found the cd luftarchiv.de and a special device with maps of the box but the cockpit rather little 3 or 4 photos that appear in the books or the Internet, but for example, to see the riveting intention can only be seen the cockpit.

revell gloss varnish over revell matt colours,i done this before with all the other models since i started using this to stop
marking silvering as suggested but this time i have problems

i wondered that myself briefly but the varnish was new from the shop and i stirred it properly before use

I see. It seems tha the varnish melted the top layer of paints and got reaction with them. Is the varnish of the same type like these paints? I mean acrylic varnish and acrylic paints for instance.

i've now redone the camo in colour and will post some new pics once i've revarnished it

bob2165.jpg

bob2167.jpg

bob2162.jpg

bob2161.jpg

bob2160.jpg

bob2166.jpg

bob2169.jpg

bob2158.jpg

bob2163.jpg

bob2169.jpg

progress so far,i'm pleased with it now the camo has taken properly,one of the pics show an engine running for the 1st time

Man your on a roll with these kits they all look good tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back