Double Posts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
To start with, for me at least, the site is very slow at times to refresh. When I make a post, I get a popup that asks if I want to leave the page, I click yes, and WHAM, double post.

Geo

Yes, I've had that too. So far, I've only seen one double post (there may be more!), but the 'Leave the page' thing has popped up many times. Even when clicking on this, I've ended up back on the page, and had to repeat the sequence two or three times.
And yes, very slow to refresh, or change pages. I've just had to disconnect and come back, in order to get to a new thread!

In the past, when the server was acting up, it would "hang" after clicking "Post Reply". One workaround was to refresh the page if it "hung" for a while...

Last post I did a few minutes ago, I clicked post reply and got the "If you leave the page...blah blah" I just clicked the X on the notice and refreshed the page. Worked ok.

I frequent a site that uses what seems to be the same software; they allow users to delete posts. Why can't we do that here?

Neither yesterday nor today it happend to me. But I had noticed the forum started running a little bit slower than usually. But today it seems to work fine. It might have been cause by the server issue.

Happened to me today. We're checking it as best we can.

No worries here Chris. We know you Mods have your hands tied without the one you call Horse around. Forgot to mention that when I tried to access the site yesterday around 5a.m. my time, I couldn't as there was a page stating that the site was down due to security upgrades(I think that's what it said).

Geo

Forgot to mention that when I tried to access the site yesterday around 5a.m. my time, I couldn't as there was a page stating that the site was down due to security upgrades(I think that's what it said).

Geo

Yep.. it was me who checked and carried out the site maintenance due to its slower running.

How is it today? Still double posting?

Yep, I saw the security upgrades announcement too. Tried again about ten minutes later, and it was up and running.
Been a few other things happening too, such as the 'Home' page showing not logged in, with all times being 5 hours behind UK time, that is , in US time, and having to log out by going into a thread, in order to access the log out button. No doubt it'll be sorted, when whatever issues are corrected.

No problems with double posts or slow running my friend, but still have the Home page showing not logged in.
If I go to, say, 'Quick Links' and 'Who's on Line', and then click 'Forum', this seems to correct things some of the time. At other times, it seems to correct itself after viewing a few threads, but not always.

I agree. But I don't have a such trouble with it. However I have had a look at the header of the forum template and there is still an error. So it might have been the reason for that. Of course we can't exlude other causes.

I've had it happen twice. It seems when a post exceeds a certain number of letters it causes a burp. Short, quick posts are ok....at least that is what I experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back