Douglas DB-7 (A-20) Havoc part numbers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

daveT

Senior Airman
I'm looking for the Douglas DB-7 (A-20) Havoc part number prefix. Does anyone have a parts manual for the DB-7 or A-20? I found a crash site of what I believe to be a DB-7 and I'm trying to confirm some parts that were found at the site. I think DB-7 / A-20 aircraft would have the same part numbers.
Thanks in advance
DaveT

Last edited:
I've had a quick look through the manual, and most parts appear to be numbered, starting with 206***, 406***, 506*** etc. Items such as unions, bolts, nuts, valves etc appear to have the prefix 'AN' or 'ANT' etc.
Are there any identifiable parts, such as landing gear legs, cowl flaps etc, which have part numbers? I may be able to match them, but can't promise.

DB-7 Mohawk 650.jpg

lots of small parts

DB-7/A-20 crashed 12 Nov, 1941 Mohawk Arizona

thanks for the info. now I know what to look for

A-20 manual, 300+ pages:

Ð'есплаÑ'ный Ñ"айлообменни� �º TurboBit.net â€" обмен Ñ"айлами до 100 Ð"б, бесплаÑ'ный хосÑ'инг Ñ"айлов

Tomo, I am working on an A-20 model and would love to get my hands on an electronic copy of the Parts Catalog, but the link above no longer works ... is there any way you would be willing to re-post??

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide,

Brian

The E&M manual for the late A-20G is posted here, 2 parts, posts no. 7 and 8:
link

Many thanks, Tomo for the quick reply!!

I have access to the E&M already through Avialogs, but needed the Part Catalog itself which breaks down the engine assembly in greater detail. I need a diagram showing the engine mount and how it attaches to the wing spars since I am planning to open up the kit engine nacelle to show all of those pieces

Tomo, ... is there any way you would be willing to re-post??

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide,

Brian

Hi Brian

If I am reading the links correctly Tomo only provided the original external website link so he may not have provided the original manual (or even downloaded it)

Dave T is still around so he may be your best bet as he definitely downloaded it. To quote "Manual downloaded successfully. It is a large manual, but it has everything. THANKS" unquote

He is still a member because he made a post this month at http://ww2aircraft.net/forum/communication/navy-radio-gear-11509.html so maybe you can PM him.

I would like to see the manual online here as well as I see far too many examples of external links dying and having a copy here is the only way to protect against that

Last edited:
:)
I've posted the link to the 'internal' web site, namely to the manuals that can be downloaded from here. So no worries that it will dissapear, not earlier then this site. But of course, the manuals need to be downloaded and at least browsed through.

:)
I've posted the link to the 'internal' web site, namely to the manuals that can be downloaded from here. So no worries that it will disappear, not earlier then this site. But of course, the manuals need to be downloaded and at least browsed through.

Okay Tomo, you got me

Where on this site did you put it because dumb old me cannot find it.

Does anyone want a copy of the "Preliminary repair manual for the A-20C, TO 01-40AD-3 dated Jan 8, 1942"?

I just bought one sight unseen but I am told it is an original in good condition.

Hopefully I should have it within a couple of weeks.

Thanks Tomo
looks like a good clear copy and will be greatly enjoyed

Castlegaiden
The preliminary repair manual arrived xmas eve and contains lots of part numbers so I will scan and upload asap. It is very brown and brittle and has lots of fold-outs so will take a few days.

One warning on Douglas part numbers though. The first digit is drawing size. The rest of the number was allocated as the drawing was registered so it is not unusual to find that drawing nnnn1 is for say C-47 and nnnn2 is say DB-7. Naturally parts designed several months later like the later model turret installation have numbers far removed from the parts for the same area on the early aircraft.

Now all we want is that elusive Parts Catalog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back