Duxford Flying Legends 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gary, you are a bl**dy star mate! That's exactly what I needed, and the scissors link on the PRXIX undercart is a bonus, I forgot about those! The shots will also help Evan (A4K) too. Good vid too! Thanks a lot mate, I'll PM you.
Lee, Gary's pics have done the job, so that'll save you some hassle, and give you more space on your memeory card(s)!
The line-up looks great, and all those in the air in one big Balbo will provide a marvellous site - and sound! Hope you have a great weekend, and I'll do a reverse rain dance in the hope that the weather stays fair.
Thanks again both,
Terry.

I´m sorry for Sally B...and happy for the fact I got the chance to visit FL 2008 where I could see 3 B-17s- Sally B, Pink Lady and Liberty Belle.

If you ever want to go again im sure I can accomodate you in my house I have 2 spare bedrooms since the kids went their own ways some years ago so that would help keep the cost down its about a 90 minute drive from Duxford and I could pick you up from Stansted .
Just a thought for when the money situation picks up a bit

If you ever want to go again im sure I can accomodate you in my house I have 2 spare bedrooms since the kids went their own ways some years ago so that would help keep the cost down its about a 90 minute drive from Duxford and I could pick you up from Stansted .
Just a thought for when the money situation picks up a bit

Hey, you´re something else my friend!
One day I wanna go there with my wife as well. Think in 2 or 3 years. I´ll keep our kind offer in my mind.
And thank you again!
Should you you want to visit Prague or me one day, just let me know. I can´t accomodate you, unfortunately, as I live in the apartment, but we would find some solution.

It would appear on the 'rumour mill' that there is not only the possibility of seeing two FW190's at this years event, but also that one of them may actually be flown !. Of course this remains to be seen, but that would be another first for me.

I really do not want to be at work today, I want to be at Duxford for the arrivals (OK, I'm there tommorrow but I might miss something and the weather is looking pretty good for today as well.)

I know they have a replica in the hangers with a Chinese power plant, last year I saw it out on taxi way running up and down so by now I would have thought barring problems it should have recieved its AW ticket

Yep, Terry speaks about FW190A-8 replica made by Flugwerk. By now they have produced 20 pcs.
That one in England (G-FWAB) is owned by Tony Blair and according the Czech sources I´ve found it will be only taxiing on the runway during the FL 2009.
To get it in the flying condition it would have to fullfill the CAA rules which is damn expensive and the owner doesn´t have the needed amount available...
Flugwerk

...??

..weather forecast looks disappointing for the weekend..might keep the crowds down I guess..

Hi Neil, I was wondering too about the name. This is what I´ve read at Czech article:

Nepochybné ale je, že stroj Tonyho Blaira, pozn. zn. G-FWAB bude i letos na červencových Flying Legends jen pojíždět po ploše duxfordského letiště. Ač je teoreticky letuschopný, CAA vyžaduje kompletní certifikační proces, protože podle ní jde o zcela nový typ. To je ale finančně velmi náročná záležitost, na niž britský majitel nemá finanční prostředky.
"Stodevadesátka" nad Evropou :: Letectví.cz :: Letecký informa?ní
server
So who´s he owner?

Last edited:
HE HE I got an extra day off work so tomorrow straight to DUX and catch all the inbounds so see you tomorrow Gary aka GeeDee. weather is going to be the best of the weekend so it will be the best time for snapping.
Bring on the on Stringbag I need a shot old girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back