E-Mail Spam.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I always bury any mail from Terry for a month and then soak it in water for another week before opening it.

My apologies to those who didn't receive a Spam e-mail -- it's those bl**dy Vikings!
Fortunately, the Windows security picked up on most, seeing them as 'unusual traffic' I guess, and blocked them.
It looks like this might have originated from somewhere on Facebook, which I don't use, other than replying to direct, personal messages forwarded, from FB, to my e-mail address. I've received a few today, some from people I don't know.

I only switched to flea powder after I got immune to the blow torch and the DDT. Then I started snorting the flea powder, just for practice...
P*ssies.

I received it too through hotmail.
Sender's name was "terence fox" with Terry's email address and the title "Fort une".
There was a link to another site which requested me password unnaturally. I moved the mail to trash box anyway.
I may trace back the link again, if necessary.

Thanks for your honest information, Terry!

You're welcome my friend.
I've since received another six or so similar e-mails, some from people I don't recognise, but most from people I know. There are a couple of things which make me think this has originated via Facebook, which I don't normally use, and don't know how to use properly - I only ever get Facebook contact via e-mails from the forum FB group, and have no idea how to use the rest of the 'system', and little interest.
I suspect that the first e-mail I got, apparently from a friend, was due to 'something/somebody' on FB accessing his address book - apparently similar messages have been sent to all the contacts in his e-mail address book. Those further messages I've received (immediately deleted) have been from people I know he 'chats' with on FB, so presumably a 'round robin' has commenced.
Fortunately, a security scan and clean-up showed that no virus or other problem has been detected as a result of these spam messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back