Eagles sign Michael Vick!

Was signing Vick a good move?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a good move right now.

In America, aside from child molesting, you never want to be convicted of animal cruelty.

Hes going to be a distraction for the team (unwanted publicity) and I predict he will be gone by game 7.

I can't believe this!!

Know where he got his dogs from? Southern New Jersey just like Todd McNair. Looks like I have job security.

And he ain't seen nothing till he gets a load of the liberal animal rights activists around here!

Sorry Doughboy, but I can't see how someone who was convicted of dogfighting can still play.
Sorry but I'm going to agree to disagree :)... I don't like the fact that he killed dogs but he spent 2 years in Jail! Why aren't we complaining about Stallworth (after he killed someone while driving drunk) only getting 24 days?!

Sorry but I'm going to agree to disagree... I don't like the fact that he killed dogs but he spent 2 years in Jail! Why aren't we complaining about Stallworth (after he killed someone while driving drunk) only getting 24 days?!
Actually, It looks like Stallworth's suspended (without pay) for all of 2009.

It`s more than dogfighting....it`s hanging, electrocuting, and drowning them.

I have to agree, some breeds were created for fighting other dogs/animals and that's one thing. But to torture them is something entirely different.

But I have to add it's pretty pathetic when somebody kills another because they are drunk driving and get a woping 24 days in jail, but fight dogs and you get 2 years in jail.

Awhile back in South Carolina we had 2 laws they were wanting to pass that would make 2 crimes a felony. 1 was Domestic Abuse (which failed the first time) and the 2nd was **** Fighting (which passed the first time).

WTF?? Somebody's priorities are fricked up.

Forgive him and move on....

P.S my question still stands....Why aren't we complaining about Stallworth (after he killed someone while driving drunk) only getting 24 days in jail (but yet you are complaining about Vick getting 2 years)?!

"But I have to add it's pretty pathetic when somebody kills another because they are drunk driving and get a woping 24 days in jail, but fight dogs and you get 2 years in jail." I agree.:)

Animals are seen to be defenseless as compared to humans (adult ones at least). Stallworth looks to be a normal guy who made a single bad decision. Vick seems to be a guy who was vicious at his core with no moral compass.

Vick paid his legal debt to society. But he still has a corporate debt to repay.

Last edited:
I do not feel that he should be playing. I don't think he served enough time. If it had been you or me, we would still be in jail.

He will be a big distraction from the team. There goes Philies chance for the Super Bowl.

I will be honest, I do not like Vick. I think he is an arrogant punk. This also could do with the fact that I can not even begin to start with dog fighting. I think it is wrong and despicable and the people who do it are scum.

Stallworth should have received MUCH more jail time, no doubt. The difference between the 2 cases, however, is intention. For the people here that drink alcohol (me included), I`d say the majority of you have driven when you shouldn`t have. If you`ve driven drunk, and haven`t caused an accident....that`s just good luck. Stallworth`s case is an accident, albeit a costly and tragic one. Vick intentionally tortured and killed animals, receiving pleasure from their suffering. I`d bet the only remorse he has, is that he was caught.

Forgive him and move on....

P.S my question still stands....Why aren't we complaining about Stallworth (after he killed someone while driving drunk) only getting 24 days in jail (but yet you are complaining about Vick getting 2 years)?!

"But I have to add it's pretty pathetic when somebody kills another because they are drunk driving and get a woping 24 days in jail, but fight dogs and you get 2 years in jail." I agree.:)

Thank God - it wasn't the Cowboys.

IMHO he should have been banned from the NFL for life.. Ditto Stallworth

Between the two I am more sympathetic to Stallworth - he was impaired.

Vick was stone cold sober and repeated his actions until he got caught.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back