East Coast Snow Storm of 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

looks like it was heavy wet snow which is no fun shovelling , but good packing for snowballs

You can have it ontos - for free!!!!

Charles, thats only the front. I also have a full basement, screened back porch and a yard big enough to have a small garden. Can't wait till spring!

turdies are easy to pick up if they are frozen Sys, in wet NW type of snow as Pb suggests, no way, light dry powder have fun trying to get it up and out. geez even human is no fun on Shasta during a good hard snow

No pics, I was too tired, 4 hours from my place to Radford VA on Friday. Saw the first flake of snow as I got into town about 1330. Got to my daughter's place and got her stuff loaded for Christmas Break and we left at 1430; there was already a half inch of snow on the ground - and roads. Leaving out all the boring details, we arrived back at my place, just south of Richmond, at 0200 Saturday morning. Taking out the half hour for chow at Bedford - 5 hours after leaving Radford, normally a not more than 90 minute run - that was 11 hours to make a 225 mile trip. 4WD the whole way, biggest problem was folks out on the road in vehicles that had no business in the snow. Not like there were no warnings.

Always wondered about that. Why is there such a rush at the grocery stores for food stuffs when a storm is coming? Did it once and watched food grow old in the fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back