Eastern Front/VVS question thread... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Hey guys,

As I have little to no knowledge on Russian birds I'm hoping to do an Il-2 on skis.

This bird is in all white and I'm curious is that what it is? Flat white?

OK, I am Hissterrically handicapped.

Whats the diff between the VVS and the Eastern Front as far as aircraft is concerned?? Is it the VVS and the German aircraft used against them?????

Plus I am assuming lend lease aircraft are included in the VVS?

"VVS" in Group build title refers to Soviet aircraft used on eastern front in 1941-1945, including land-lease. "Eastern front" means aircraft of all other combatant nations - German and their Axis allies - fighting in the east in 1941-1945.

I agree that GB title is made unnecessary confusing (don't know who suggested to be split build anyway since it really isn't), because when you say "Eastern front" that presumably includes all combatants fighting there, both Soviet and Axis.

Clears that up nicely, thanks for that.

By the by, will we have a thread for #9 soon?
I'm gonna go for it again come h3ll or high water! Maybe two again, Gluttony is my middle name.
Oops, better watch what I say, I'm about 80 meters off Botany Bay!

That's true. The RLM65 can be used in many cases. But there was used a steel paint and silver one too. That depends on the period of time and a factory that assembled a plane.

Last edited:
Harry , for the early Il-2 you can use a light grey colour ( RLM76) like Humbrol 64 for instance. The indicator panel and other panels in the cockpit can be of black colour. The pilot's seat can be of the steel paint. A few deatils that were covered or made of leather were of brown or black tonalities.
A short note..... it can be seen in a few pictures of pilot's panels that these were of light tonality. So either it was of the light grey colour or light blue-grey ( RLM65/RLM76 ) paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back