eBay? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No problem here old boy. But then, I've only just got internet connection back, since 23.00 hrs last night! (see "Question for today"!!!).

none here................ aren't you the lucky one tho..... you'll just have to hang on to your cash a little longer mate!

Wise words William.

I'm trying to get together a Merlin piece by piece on ebay and.... not having much luck.

Will do old chap. At the moment, there are a few Merlin data plates, a carb and other bits and pieces. Again, I only saw them in passing, so didn't note any prices, although I believe some were 'Buy Now'.
I used to have a Merlin rocker box cover, useless for a serviceable engine, as it had a crack along one edge. But, polished up and hanging on the wall, the crack was hidden, and it looked great.
It 'went missing' during a house move, and the loss wasn't discovered until months later, when the 'heavy stuff' in the garage was unpacked. Bl**dy annoying !

Yep. But trying to prove that, with the removal company, a couple of months after the event, well............
And even more annoying, as it was off a Spitfire MkII, which saw wartime service, and is still flying today.

Hope that they dropped on their toes, spent months with a cast, obviously....without ruining aforementioned top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back