Eduard BF 109F PE pieces wrong color?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

waterman

Airman
Dec 18, 2012
I have the Eduard BF 109F-2 PE set (49 317). Can anyone verify if the color of the cockpit pieces are incorrect? They appear to be a light blue grey.

th_108.jpg

Last edited:
Does look off to me. Either RLM 02 or 66 would have been appropriate. The colour PE stuff is nice for belts and instrument panels but I've had varied luck with the cockpit colours.

Yep... just no logic to it. They should know that anyone who's prepared to pay good money for PE components is obviously fairly concerned with accuracy, so defeats the whole purpose when they have to repaint them!

I'm guessing they're not so much painted, as screen printed, and use the term 'pre painted' for convenience. The colour will be the fault of the ink used, where I would assume the nearest available standard Pantone ink has been employed, rather than having the expense of obtaining a 'one off' special ink mix, which would increase the cost even more. It does seem a bit pointless though, producing parts in the wrong colours.

Could be right Terry, can't imagine a team of airbrushers sitting on the production line (unless they lease the work out to home workers, like some companies do with lead soldiers, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back