Eduard FW 190-A9

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ade

Airman
Aug 1, 2014
W Midlands UK
OK, I had heard an awful lot of bad things about this kit and I only attempted it because I picked it up for £8 on EBay.

Everything they said was true and it almost ended up out the window at several points. I persevered (helped by numerous cups of tea and encouragement from understanding girlfriend) and I am actually quite pleased with how it turned out. Not perfect but I am getting their.

Hope you like.

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0426.jpg

Your model turned out well. What you paid for the kit was a bargain even though I don't know how to convert it to dollars exactly.

Is that the 1/32 Airfix? Damn... After I bought the kit I had one look at the detail and it was garish at best. Sold it at IPMS in Mesquite TX. I did an F-9 using the Tamiya F8 kit in 1/48 and the correct paddle blades and cooling fan that was in a DML Ju 88 Mistel. Aero master decals and paints... Blau 4 . They stopped putting those extras in the F8 about a year after they released it. I still have my Trimaster stash... But I am glad to have the DML's.
I credit you for going after it as the work to get a true F9 is tough with what that kit offers. F9's had blown hoods. Don't recall if they had both canopies in that kit. You got a lot of time , sweat ,piss and vinegar invested and for that I applaud you.
Looking good. Now do a nice Aari / Otaki kit that is simple, quick and gratifying in a fraction of the time. Those old Airfix kits can burn you out...

All the best to you.
Stan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back