Eduard SBD flaps (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dcook

Recruit
Aug 22, 2021
Getting ready to do the Academy SBD and use the Eduard flaps. My problem is the order to refinish. Inside of flaps is red with gray mechanics. Airbrush the red, brush paint the mechanical linkage, then mask and spray the upper and lower fuselage and wings?

The order seems to be fine. But it would be better if the flaps were sprayed ( with both the red inside and the top and undersides colours ) separately before attaching . The mechanical linkage when completed also should be painted separately and then attached. In that way you would be sure you wouldn't tear off or damege the PE parts while masking or removing masks from them.

Do you have any picture showing the appearance of the flaps and the model wing at the moment ?

The order seems to be fine. But it would be better if the flaps were sprayed ( with both the red inside and the top and undersides colours ) separately before attaching . The mechanical linkage when completed also should be painted separately and then attached. In that way you would be sure you wouldn't tear off or damege the PE parts while masking or removing masks from them.

Do you have any picture showing the appearance of the flaps and the model wing at the moment ?

Here are photos.

Attachments

• 93DB6330-739A-4B0B-B30A-A9E267247E14.jpeg
    93DB6330-739A-4B0B-B30A-A9E267247E14.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 556DF689-C560-49A2-A301-70EED3012E87.jpeg
    556DF689-C560-49A2-A301-70EED3012E87.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 53
Yes I know the images. But I have ment the pic showing your model and the current state of the wing and PE parts.

OH.. BTW ... which Eduard PE set do you mean?

OK. So the wing auxiliary stringer at the flap area is made as a separate part. It should be either of grey or better a zinc chromate colour. It will make your painting easier. I would suggest completing of the separate flaps firstly. Paint the tops of flaps firstly . Then mask them and apply the red colour for flap insides. Then the pieces of the mechanical linkage should be put together and painted grey. Glue the wing auxiliary stringer to the wing and paint it with the correct coat. Paint the entire model and attach the flaps with the mechanical linkage at the end.

Just my suggestion but you may change the order according to your skills in assembling of models.

I just need to figure out what the stringer is, lol. Sounds good. Thanks. I will build the flaps first. If I screw them up, i will punt and ust kit flaps and drill out the holes!

Just curious, I have an SBD model I'll be starting soon. I've noted that the inside of what I'm calling the dive brakes is supposed to be painted red, as shown above. Why were they painted red?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back