EE. Lightning F.6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
ok finally got it finished

DSCF0113.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

DSCF0115.JPG

Looks fab to me, Karl. You Moderators and Senior Members sure know how to humble a guy! I have the Trumpeter kit in divine scale, and even though Trumpeter didn't get the shape right, I'm anxious to build it for 2015. Has anyone across the pond from us uppety rebels had the good fortune to see these EE Lightnings up close and personal, or to see them in flight? I surely would!!

Great build Karl and a fine tribute to, all be it the last wholly built British interceptor.

Looks fab to me, Karl. You Moderators and Senior Members sure know how to humble a guy! I have the Trumpeter kit in divine scale, and even though Trumpeter didn't get the shape right, I'm anxious to build it for 2015. Has anyone across the pond from us uppety rebels had the good fortune to see these EE Lightnings up close and personal, or to see them in flight? I surely would!!

I sure have Pete, even though I now live across the other pond.

Imagine 9 of these beasts taking off as one in an ear splitting, building shaking, ground trembling roar as each one lifts from the deck and slews into a vertical climb to 50,000 ft in less than 90 seconds. That was the 56 Squadron 'Firebirds' introduction to their aerobatic display in the early 1960 when for a season they were the RAF Display Team. They and I were stationed at RAF Wattisham and this was an almost daily occurrence as the pilots constantly honed their skills.

thanks Gent's

as Vic has said they were very impressive, used to see them at airshows when i was a kid, only second to the Vulcan in my favorite list, Jim loves them as well !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back