European Union go to Lebanon (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After all strikes over Lebanon, European Union (EU) decide to envoy an Airlift-Bridge under the command of France. This is the first directory of all planes that going to Beyruth :

- France :arrow: Five Transall C-160R, Two Lockheed C-130H-30, Two Casa CN-235M, One Airbus A-340-300.
- Belgium :arrow: Two Lockheed C-130H, One Airbus A-310-200,
- Germany :arrow: Two Transall C-160D, One Airbus A-310-MRT.
- Italy :arrow: Two Lockheed C-130E, Five Alénia G-222, One Douglas DC-9.
- Spain :arrow: One Lockheed C-130H, One Boeing 707-320C.
- Slovakia :arrow: Two Antonov An-26.
- Portugal :arrow: One Lockheed C-130H-30.
- Netherland :arrow: One Mc Donnell Douglas KDC-10A.
- Poland :arrow: Two Casa C-295.
- Sweden :arrow: One Lockheed C-130E.
- Croatia :arrow: One Tupolev Tu-154M (civil).
- Greece :arrow: Two Lockheed C-130E, One Namc YS-11.

Lacatapulte:idea:

:lol:

From what I understood they were going to bring food and medical supplies to the civilians in Lebanon.

No matter how much I support Isreal on this, the innocents are suffering. They are suffering on both sides though.

I support Israel too, and it doesn't help their media coverage that no one has a method of seperating civilian from Hezbollah so it looks like all people killed are innocent civilians. Because all the major roads are bashed up this seems like a feasible idea.

I feel sorry for the Lebanese on this too.

But they now understand that to have allowed a cancer like hezbollah to exist within their country, events were going to lead to war.

Reminds me of the story of the scorpion convincing the frog to carry him across a lake, so he wouldnt drown. The scorpion promises the frog, he wont sting him as he needed to get to the other side safely. The frog agree's and half way across, the scorpion stings the frog, and as hes dieing, he asks "mr scorpion, why did you sting me. I am dying, and you will soon drown"....."mr frog, I know, but I am a scorpion you know and I cant change".

I saw this on a yahoo news story

"Israel — which had so far called for the Lebanese army to take control of the area — signaled a policy shift when it said Sunday that it would accept a new international force, preferably from
NATO.

French
President Jacques Chirac said Wednesday that NATO should not lead a proposed international force in Lebanon, saying it instead should be placed under United Nations authority.

Germany on Tuesday said a cease-fire must be in place before there can be any thought of sending international troops to Lebanon. "

As if the UN can do anything about it?

I bet hezbollah and Israel tremble at the thought of troops from Brazil and Kenya keeping the peace!!!

And the Germans want a cease fire before they send in their troops?

Everyone wants to be in charge of logistics in Cyprus, but noone wants to put their troops where their mouths are.

For once, the UN should just tell Israel, Lebanon and Hezbollah to duke it out and call us when your ready for our help!

syscom3 said:
I saw this on a yahoo news story

"Israel — which had so far called for the Lebanese army to take control of the area — signaled a policy shift when it said Sunday that it would accept a new international force, preferably from
NATO.

French
President Jacques Chirac said Wednesday that NATO should not lead a proposed international force in Lebanon, saying it instead should be placed under United Nations authority.

Germany on Tuesday said a cease-fire must be in place before there can be any thought of sending international troops to Lebanon. "

As if the UN can do anything about it?

I bet hezbollah and Israel tremble at the thought of troops from Brazil and Kenya keeping the peace!!!

And the Germans want a cease fire before they send in their troops?

Everyone wants to be in charge of logistics in Cyprus, but noone wants to put their troops where their mouths are.

For once, the UN should just tell Israel, Lebanon and Hezbollah to duke it out and call us when your ready for our help!

Doesent the UN not realise something?

Words never got anything done, action did! I wonder how many times the UN said;

"Stop, or were going to keep telling you to stop even more!"

The last news is that a UN force is being assembled by France, Italy, Spain, turkey, Malaysia and some more.

Italy and US have agreed scope and goals of the mission, France and US are still discussing, don't know about the others.

Total should be 13-15000 soldiers, mission type seems to be 'peace-enforcement', so the mission should include aviation, tanks etc.

US and UK are not directly included, probably for understandable political reasons (have the active presence of moderate arab nations)

Yeap heard the same as well. Germany announced that a force of German troops was also likely, just needed to hash out how many and what kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back