Excellent Bf-109 vid

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, he says that the maximum power of this engine is 1475 HP but this engine is set at 1300 HP as this A/C is for 500 kg lighter than the original. The reason- no weapons. The the A/C weight is 2700 kg so so it´s easier for take-off...

Beautiful sound but I prefer Merlin during P-51 low pass...

I think only a few here actually know what the Daimler sounds like and the video is not the best source . Merlin Vs Daimler I just love Daimler whine,.

I think only a few here actually know what the Daimler sounds like and the video is not the best source . Merlin Vs Daimler I just love Daimler whine,.

YES!!! Someone else who loves the Daimler whine. I thought I was the only one. It's so hard to try to explain it to other people who haven't actually heard it. So many people think they sound like the Bouchons from The Battle of Britain (those had Merlins, as I'm sure most of you know).

They both sound good, but the Daimler's noise gives you the feel that there is more power available than with the Merlin, eventhough they are very similar in that respect.

very nice video.. and i agree with tjose above that preffer the Daimlers.. i have heard it and seen it in real life and the daimler is angry..one can hear that this bird mean buisness..the Merlin sounds like a kitten compared to the roar of the daimler :)

I love the Daimler sound and the very warlike presentation of the Me 109.

The Merlins I've heard all sound, well,...o.k. Maybe it's because I heard them early and often being around them so much. But the DB engines just sound so sweet to me. :drinking:

Hi everyone (new member here)

In my experience, having seen both the Spitfire and Messerschmitt BF 109 live (albeit many years ago) I'd have to go with the Daimler. The Spitfire was "love" at first sight when I saw her for the first time as a young boy (age 10), and the Rolls Royce Merlin is indeed a nice purring kitty, but, the Daimler is (to my ears) even nicer so I must go with that one. Later on I came to really appreciate the design of the Spitfire and the superb engineering on the Messerschmitt, engine mounted right side up making it easy to do maintenance, and so much more. The Lines on the Spitfire, and so much more, heck, I could go on forever just with these two planes but I'll stop now.

Lastly, adding a youTube link here for a direct (or attempt) comparison to the sounds, but as previously stated, you really have to hear these girls roam live!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzgYkfq9OVw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95tD9iZKkc

//Eric

Added:

This is a bit off topic but since I'm a plane buff myself and know that others are I thought this could put a smile on some faces, all that is missing to complete the picture is one Messerschmitt BF 109 and a Fokker Dr.I, those four flying together would have been an awesome sight, not that this is poor in anyway to begin with.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtprTL66-FY

Amazing how similar in size the Camel and Spit were. I would have thought the Spit would have been much bigger.

Please guys try this shot and taste its roaming. FW 190 was a powerful tool in the hands of some fearless riders. Unfortunately they fought and died to get the favors of a mad painter. All crosses, oak leaves and swords are today Web bargains in exchange of an unrated sacrifice. Just recollections of sad memories.

Attachments

• fw190_4.jpg
    fw190_4.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Back