F4U-1 Corsair Construction Drawings Needed.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Emilian

Banned
Jan 8, 2007
Am looking for detailed measuements for the F4U-1 - cowl diameter, main wheel diameter, wing rib ordinates or stations, fuselage and wing rib cross-sections and geometry - contour lines with measurements. Can anyone help?

See if this can help:

down

And here do click over the F4U profile on the part you might be interested:

Chance Vought F4U-1 Corsair Blueprints

cockpit.jpg

Thanks. Much obliged. One of the drawings has the oridinates for the fuselage station points - very useful. More numbers needed wing rib ordinates, tail, cowl and anything on the undercarriage.

If you have not seen those before, I suspect that you problably have not found all the plans from f4ucorsair.com. Those are the best set of blueprints on the net, AFAIK.

Let me include all the others for you:

powerplant.jpg

fullfuse.jpg

aftfuse.jpg

rightfuse.jpg

leftfuse.jpg

cockpitright.jpg

You could also contact Chance-Vought for information. Is my believe that they keep a "historic" section where all this information should be available.

Thanks. Much obliged. One of the drawings has the oridinates for the fuselage station points - very useful. More numbers needed wing rib ordinates, tail, cowl and anything on the undercarriage.

My source of details usually comes from the really expensive plastic models. You need very close measurements and a scale factor. These are usually very well researched models as builders are meticulous. I build and fly giant scale Warbirds ....especially Corsairs. I'd like to build an F4U 5 variant. Mainly because the nose is longer so the motor weight is farther forward. You always need considerable weight to balance these so a bigger motor farther forward reduces useless weight replacing it with more power, so double edge gain..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back