F4U Test Data Needed

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DarrenW

Staff Sergeant
Dec 24, 2017
Warren, MI USA
Hi all,

I have been searching for US Navy flight testing of an F4U-1 (A, C, or D) and/or an F4U-4, which was accomplished with the aircraft configured with two bomb racks (or at the very least one center rack). Mention of attached rocket launchers would be a plus. I have looked over the awesome collection of test data found at the wwiiaircraftperformance website but can't seem to find any indication of the specific configurations those particular tests were accomplished in (with or without racks).

I know there are certain Naval documents out there that describe the Corsair's performance with these additional items attached, but I'm actually looking for specific testing accomplished on one particular aircraft, not the expected or average performance of a 'typical' F4U that one normally finds in US Naval publications/flight manuals. I have also seen the speed reductions accorded to bomb racks and rocket launchers but I'm more interested in real world testing.

Any help in this regard would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back