F6F-5P photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aug 6, 2008
Hi all,
New guy here. Does anyone happen to have a picture of a F6F-5P besides the ever so famous Bunker Hill -5P? I really am not too particular about which air group it is from so long as it was on a CV (not a CVE) during WWII. I would like to pair this up with a SB2C and since Helldivers weren't used on CVEs... Alternatively, does anyone just have any information regarding the markings of a specific F6F-5P that they would be willing to share. I'm really hoping for a Randolph, Hornet or Ticonderoga machine but I will take what I can get.
Thanks.
Chris

Attachments

• hell.JPG
    hell.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 253
Thanks. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Last week ended up being pretty busy. Nice picture. I wasn't aware of those markings being associated with Bon Homme Richard aircraft. Any idea how long they wore those markings before switching to the g-symbol (horizontal stripes similar to USS Randolph aircraft)?
Thanks.
Chris

Sorry Chris, to that question I do not know. Maybe one of our navy experts will know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back