Fairey Battle Mk I kit (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kingscoy

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2008
The Netherlands
www.arga-nl.nl
Hi guys,
I'm not the greatest aircraft modeling man there is...but I have come up with the idea to build a Fairey Battle MkI which will be part of an exhibition on F/O Wheatley. He flew with RAF No. 105 sqn from 1937 to 1940. Exhibition is planned for March 2020.
I'm looking for a kit with reasonable good size...not the 1:72ish kits. Do you guys perhaps have some info what good kits are out there on the market? Many thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers Sander

The only 1/48 one I'm aware of is the Classic Airframes kit which I started but didn't finish. Build thread here.

Though it provides some nice resin parts, the kit is quite basic and is a challenging build given that it's a limited run product. There are few panel lines and all control surfaces are moulded in. No locating pins and the nose is too pointy if one is looking for accuracy. Two identical vac-formed canopies are provided.

Thanks for the info though...been reading several reviews of that kit on the web. It is certainly not a novice kit...and I'm a novice builder for sure. Shame that there are so little Battle kits available in 1/48.

Everyone is too busy designing new tool Spitfires and Messerschmitts. The Battle just wasn't sexy enough I guess. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Airfix come through at some point with a new one.

I was talking with the owner of the local hobby shop recently, and he said that he sells more M109and Spitfire kits than everything else combined

The Battle should get more credits...many brave crews flew her into combat during a time that she was already obsolete. More kits could honour those brave aircrew...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back