Fallout Brotherhood of Steel Hummer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nov 23, 2013
A custom 1:72 scale Brotherhood of Steel hummer from Fallout Tactics built from a Revell Germany kit.

One coat of paint and the windshield armor. The "blinds" are made from plastic gift cards cut and filed to size.
20130405_185310_zpsbc92af95.gif

20130428_170736_zps8e0716e6.gif

20130428_170811_zpsb77d5d95.gif
20130428_170839_zps835322db.gif
20130428_170852_zps71748dd0.gif
20130428_171013_zpsb1855905.gif

20130428_171040_zpsadd7de31.gif
20130428_171201_zps1109ec72.gif
20130428_171309_zps8b2e4fa0.gif

The fictitious 'soldiers' also forgot to remove the way over scale rivets and the glaring seam along the corrugated pipe. Maybe they were just trainees .........

Since nobody "plays games" on this forum, the Fallout series takes place in a post apocalypse setting so people have to scrap, salvage, and make things from what they have. So over sized rivets aren't an unusual thing to see in the wasteland because modern machining is limited. The corrugated pipe is a post-war rough cast from scrap materials to house wires and lines for pre-war tech that was installed in the vehicle. Younger trainees would most likely have worked on these vehicles because the Brotherhood of Steel are direct descendants of the U.S. military and rarely recruit outside members so children of soldiers would be doing maintenance on vehicles. More experienced and older children would probably be maintaining weapons and armor. The coin was just a throw in for a picture I sent a friend who is a fan of the Fallout games and knew what I intended.

Since nobody "plays games" on this forum, the Fallout series takes place in a post apocalypse setting so people have to scrap, salvage, and make things from what they have. So over sized rivets aren't an unusual thing to see in the wasteland because modern machining is limited. The corrugated pipe is a post-war rough cast from scrap materials to house wires and lines for pre-war tech that was installed in the vehicle. Younger trainees would most likely have worked on these vehicles because the Brotherhood of Steel are direct descendants of the U.S. military and rarely recruit outside members so children of soldiers would be doing maintenance on vehicles. More experienced and older children would probably be maintaining weapons and armor. The coin was just a throw in for a picture I sent a friend who is a fan of the Fallout games and knew what I intended.

Still should have thought about that. A professional modeler would have used a coin that was rusted and scratched. It just fits better...

Have you also subjected the model/coin to the proper amount of radiation that it would of been subject to? Since in the game there was a nuclear apocalypse the amount or radation that the objects are giving off would be higher then the average background radation that would normally be present.

There actually are gamers among the membership (see the forums here like IL-2 pilot's lounge, Jane's, Combat Simulator and so on) and even then, there's no mercy on each other! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back