Farewell and best of luck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tomo pauk

Creator of Interesting Threads
Apr 3, 2008
Dear fellow members,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn a lot of stuff that was the ww2 aviation, to figuratively meet people form all walks of life, to broaden my horizons, to point out the good sources of information (and to warn me of bad 'sources'), to make my English language skills better.

With that said. Sharing the same part of cyberspace with a member that, in my sincere opinion, uses every opportunity to justify the aggression of Nazi Germany is not acceptable to me. The moderator team disagrees with my opinion. Thus I'll log off from the forum.

Good luck to all of you,
Tomislav

Dear fellow members,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn a lot of stuff that was the ww2 aviation, to figuratively meet people form all walks of life, to broaden my horizons, to point out the good sources of information (and to warn me of bad 'sources'), to make my English language skills better.

With that said. Sharing the same part of cyberspace with a member that, in my sincere opinion, uses every opportunity to justify the aggression of Nazi Germany is not acceptable to me. The moderator team disagrees with my opinion. Thus I'll log off from the forum.

Good luck to all of you,
Tomislav

I'll be sorry to see you go, and hope you reconsider. Your posts regularly provide me with info and insights I didn't know or hadn't considered.

Have you given thought to the idea that your staying and debunking the Nazi apologia you read might be useful?

Tomo, my friend, you are valued and always a welcome sight in any conversation here.

Do not allow apologists/revisionist to drive you away. I see posts that raise my hair and often times shake my head and move on, resisting the urge of confrontation.

The forum does have an "ignore" feature (much like FB's block feature) that eliminates their posts from your view.

Whichever you decide, best of luck and good health to you!

I'll be sorry to see you go, and hope you reconsider. Your posts regularly provide me with info and insights I didn't know or hadn't considered.

Have you given thought to the idea that your staying and debunking the Nazi apologia you read might be useful?
The post has been edited but I saw the original, it was holocaust denial by an expert in holocaust denial, sailing as close to the wind of holocaust denial without actually crossing the line to being illegal where holocaust denial is a crime. You cannot win the argument because he is only seeing how much propaganda he can get away with, that is why he edited out the worst of it, when Tomo posted an objection.

Tomislav, although I understand your feelings, never give up.
Those who post, believe and broadcast such idiotic, senseless and insulting nonsense are the weak ones, and don't have the sense or understanding to see beyond their own bigoted beliefs. It's they who should go, and they eventually will, when they finally realise that their crazed notions are not being accepted by the intelligent, caring and much more informed populace of this forum, and the World in general.
For what it's worth, I would respectfully suggest that you reconsider, perhaps take a bit of leave, but then return, a much stronger, resolute and very welcome member of the family that is this forum.
Meanwhile, take care my friend and always remember - "Nil Illigitimus Carborundum " !

The post has been edited but I saw the original, it was holocaust denial by an expert in holocaust denial, sailing as close to the wind of holocaust denial without actually crossing the line to being illegal where holocaust denial is a crime. You cannot win the argument because he is only seeing how much propaganda he can get away with, that is why he edited out the worst of it, when Tomo posted an objection.

I must take your word for it, as I only saw the thing three or four hours after posting, and that before coffee had started working. In any event, my suggestion was only that, and I certainly understand that them might be some rocky shoals here, or in most other forums, politics and all being verboten.

I stand by all else, that Tomo has for me been a fount of information and should he decide to stay away, I will certainly miss his input, new though I am here. I hope he puts the guy on ignore and continues his great contributions.

I must take your word for it, as I only saw the thing three or four hours after posting. In any event, my suggestion is only that, and I certainly understand that them might be some rocky shoals here, or in most other forums.

I stand by all else, that Tomo has for me been a fount of information and should he decide to stay away, I will certainly miss his input, new though I am here. I hope he puts the guy on ignore and continues his great contributions.
I was doing other stuff while mentally composing a reply, when I pressed the quote button the worst of what he posted had been removed, but I referenced it in my comment on the thread. I will not accept that Bergen Belsen deaths were an infrastructure problem, it is an assertion by someone who quotes the Geneva convention here there and everywhere. Maybe I am hypersensitive because I lived and worked close to the place for many years, I met many very nice people but far too many deniers like the poster concerned.

I will not accept that Bergen Belsen deaths were an infrastructure problem, it is an assertion by someone who quotes the Geneva convention here there and everywhere. Maybe I am hypersensitive because I lived and worked close to the place for many years, I met many very nice people but far too many deniers like the poster concerned.

Yeah, I'd be barking loud at that myself. As I wrote above, I apparently didn't see the original, unmodified post. Even the edited post struck me as apologetics, which is why I wrote what I did. Your correction is appreciated.

I don't know that there's such a thing as "oversensitivity" when it comes to mass murder. I sure didn't mean to come off so blithe, given what you report about the post that caused this.

At any rate, I hope Tomo reconsiders and stays, because guys like him (and many others, yourself included) are why I read and post here.

Yeah, I'd be barking loud at that myself. As I wrote above, I apparently didn't see the original, unmodified post. Even the edited post struck me as apologetics, which is why I wrote what I did. Your correction is appreciated.

I don't know that there's such a thing as "oversensitivity" when it comes to mass murder. I sure didn't mean to come off so blithe, given what you report about the post that caused this.

At any rate, I hope Tomo reconsiders and stays, because guys like him (and many others, yourself included) are why I read and post here.
I have worked all over Northern Europe and in the steel industry and ports that were targeted by mass raids by both sides, places like Aulnoye and Rouen that were bombed by their "own side" and Dalmine that wasnt on any side. I have also been to the Hiroshima peace park and Tokyo, however horrible they were there was some meaning, Bergen Belsen was pure, evil, spite and nothing else, just seeing the name on a sign post made my blood run cold every two weeks when I flew home in a way no other place ever has done, it is worse, if that is possible, than Auschwitz. in my opinion.

Tomislav

You and I have argued back and forth many times over many years, but I have always thought of you as a friend and always will.
If you do not come back you will be sorely missed. Both as a valued contributor and as a level headed person in general who has been consistently pleasant to the majority of the other members.
Good luck to your and your family. May your days easy and joyful.

And hopefully your absence will be short.

Stephen.

I have worked all over Northern Europe and in the steel industry and ports that were targeted by mass raids by both sides, places like Aulnoye and Rouen that were bombed by their "own side" and Dalmine that wasnt on any side. I have also been to the Hiroshima peace park and Tokyo, however horrible they were there was some meaning, Bergen Belsen was pure, evil, spite and nothing else, just seeing the name on a sign post made my blood run cold every two weeks when I flew home in a way no other place ever has done, it is worse, if that is possible, than Auschwitz. in my opinion.

I don't have and therefore cannot share your direct experiences. But if, as you say, someone wants to excuse death-camps, I've got no time for them. I don't need to be Jewish to understand the history of the Holocaust, nor why it was wrong, nor why it is -- to bring this back into the scope of this thread -- indefensible.

I can thoroughly understand that.
As a young Para back in 1973, I visited Bergen-Belsen, when it was still a relatively desolate clearing in the woods, except for the stones marking the mass burial mounds. I'd heard the stories of how quiet and "dead" it could seem to be and, true enough, it was !
In the surrounding countryside, wildlife abounded, birds flew and sang - but not at Belsen !
The place was totally still and quiet, no bird song, no movement of wildlife anywhere around, on the ground, or in the sky.
I've seen and experienced some nasty things in my life, but nothing can compare to that feeling I had at Belsen - even now, 48 years later, just thinking about that experience makes me shudder !!

Dear fellow members,

Good luck to all of you,
Tomislav

Tomo - please PM me and give me details, first I'm hearing of this.

AND Please reconsider. You're a valuable member of this forum and one of our top and knowledgeable posters. I really hate to see you move on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back