Fargo TV Series.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Graeme

1st Sergeant
May 31, 2007
The second season. What is the car seen in the background here that Kirsten Dunst tries to sell? She takes her luggage out from under the front hood...

i862591.jpg

Thanks Dave! :thumbright:

I had a few beers while watching that episode and wasn't sure if I was seeing things!

Cheers!

lol.back in the day people used to call them rolling coffins then the first Honda hit the scene. americans will never go for something like that....and they really didn't for a few year until the gas crisis..then everyone wanted to get rid of their gas guzzlers and the Japanese imports...Honda, Toyota, Datsun all took off

Attachments

• ss-090610-honda-02_grid-7x2.jpg
    ss-090610-honda-02_grid-7x2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 36
lol.back in the day people used to call them rolling coffins then the first Honda hit the scene. americans will never go for something like that....and they really didn't for a few year until the gas crisis..then everyone wanted to get rid of their gas guzzlers and the Japanese imports...Honda, Toyota, Datsun all took off

That's right. I have read many, many accounts of muscle car fanatics buying some of the most sought after cars (Cuda's, Challengers, GTO's, Boss Mustangs, etc, etc) for less than $300 because of the gas prices. People just didn't want them anymore.

Corvairs were fun to drive. I had a 61 Monza and in a turn, I could turn on a dime and give back 9 and 1/2 cents change. That is why you didn't want to make any handling mistakes. Your first could be your last.

By 1967, the Corvair was evolving in several respects:
Suspension, Engine and body styling.

By 1969, it was an impressive machine, both in looks and performance - but the stigma that was hung around it's neck by Nader and his minions killed it's future.

One of the features of the Corvair that I took advantage of, was it's Saginaw steeringbox, that was 3.5 turns lock-to-lock. I swapped the Saginaw steeringbox out of my 1962 Nova (5.75 turns lock-to-lock) with a perfect fit (chassis bolts, pitman to tie rod, dash column support, turn signal assembly/wiring and steering wheel spline.)

think it was the only us made car with an air cooled engine. some sport and experimental aircraft builders used the engine for their planes.

think it was the only us made car with an air cooled engine. some sport and experimental aircraft builders used the engine for their planes.
You'd be surprised!
The Franklin Motorcar Company used air-cooled engines in it's vehicles from the 1900's theough the depression (I believe 1935?) when they folded. Some of the air-cooled engines they used in the 1930's were actually aircraft engines.

The Tucker 48 used an H-6 air-cooled engine - which was actually designed for aircraft.

And yes, the Corvair's engine was used in some types of aircraft.

And wasn't if fun trying to adjust two carbs? Mine had one for each cylinder bank and I was never able to stop the leak at oil pan. Come to think of it, the only reason I had for selling it was the problem with continually throwing the belt. That's when I got my 62 Nova which I really wish that I still had as that was my favorite car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back