Favorite comics....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
So fellas, what's you favorite comics from your younger years? How many do you remember, how many is still around?

He was my favourite character as a kid (around 100 or so BC...), but never managed to get any of the comics...

I was always a fan of Robert E. Howard's creations, specifically Conan and Solomon Kane. As for books, I too loved Far Side and Calvin-n-Hobbes, as well as the ElfQuest series.

In Poland there were very popular two series of comics : " Tytus,Romek i Atomek" and "Kapitan Żbik" (Captain Wildcat).I had all issues of these.There is a possiblility of buying these at second-hand bookshops or the new re-issued ones.

As a youngster, back in the 40's, I remember Superman, Captain Marvel,
Captain Midnight, Flash Gordon, Dick Tracy, Terry the Pirates, Batman
Robin, Jack Armstrong, Sky King, The Phantom, Don Winslow [of the Navy],
Tarzan, Smilin' Jack, and, Blackhawk [who flew Grumman Skyrockets]. And
probably many, many more. Not many of them around any more....

Charles

Unfortunately I haven't had any opportunity to read this one so far.Simply it is unknown in Poland.What was it about?Judging by the title about US army in WW2.

About a tank and its crew fighting in Europe. I remember that at one time the Stuart was knocked out and they requsitioned another tank - a Sherman? - and continued on with the stories. I loved it!

Interesting.In Poland there was another WW2 comic titled "Kapitan Kloss" ( Captain Kloss) It was about Polish/Russian spy who was serving in Abwehra.

I remember a strip that had a group of squaddies in a LCT with a jeep, a Sherman and what must have been an endless supply of ammo.
Like in the film The Final Countdown they time warped and ended up each week in a famous battle. As a kid it was brilliant seeing them whoop the arses of legions of Romans or giving Gengis Khan a drubbing. Funny tho different nationalities and languages but they all still yelled "AIEEEEEEE!" when the got shot or blown up, must be a universal yell or Esperanto

I grew up reading the "Commando" comics. I used to scoure second hand bookshops looking for the older issues as well as collecting the new releases. I still have several hundred of them packed away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back